Chapter 1

"Ellie! Nathan! Time to go if you don't want to miss the train!" Mary Mackin called out to her kids.

Elle quickly shut her trunk, making sure it was locked tight before grabbing her cat's, Chanel, leash and leading the cat down the stairs as she held her trunk. Today was the day Elle and her brother Nathan would leave for her 5th year at Hogwarts.

"I'll take that for you, dear." Elle's father, Ben, said to his daughter, grabbing her trunk.

"Nathan, are you ready to go? Do you have Ollie's food?" Mary asked her son, making sure he wouldn't forget his owl's food.

"Yes Mum, all packed." Nathan told her as they gathered at the fireplace ready to go.

Soon, the Mackin family arrived at the Hogwarts express platform and Ben had loaded his kid's trunks and pets onto the train.

"Are you guys excited for your 5th and 6th years at Hogwarts? Nathan, we're very impressed with you, our little quidditch captain!" Mary smiled at him as he gave her a tight hug goodbye.

"Mum stop!" Nathan groaned out as Elle chuckled at her brother.

"Bye Dad!" Nathan said, giving his dad a quick hug before running on the train to go find his Ravenclaw friends.

"Ah, our little girl, be good this year!" Ben said to his daughter, bringing her in for a hug.

"I will Dad, don't worry about me." She smiled at him.

"Of course they worry about you, you're friends with me!" Elle heard a voice behind her joke as she turned quickly to see Jackson, her only Slytherin friend.

"Jack! I missed you!" She said, quickly wrapping her arms around his middle as he hugged her back.

"I missed you too Ellie..." He softly said.

"Jackson my boy! How are you? We missed you around the house this summer." Ben said, quickly bringing Jackson in for a friendly hug.

"We never worry when our Ellie is with you, we worry about you when you're not with Ellie." Mary joked as Jackson playfully rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't write back to you guys, my Father checked all mail and wouldn't let me send anything back out. I got a nice black eye over a stupid letter Luke wrote." Jackson informed them as Elle sighed, wrapping one arm around him.

"I'm sorry to hear that son, know we are always here for you." Benjamin told him.

"I know, I appreciate that. We should go find Luke." Jackson said as Elle nodded.

"Alright Mum and Dad, I'll miss you." Elle said, bringing in her parents for a hug.

"We will miss you too darling, we love you." Mary smiled at her.

"I love you both, come on Jack, let's go." Elle said, quickly pulling Jackson onto the train.

"Do we have to sit in the Gryffindor section?" Jackson groaned from behind her.

"Do you really want to sit with the Slytherins?" She asked with a soft chuckle as they continued to look into each cabin looking for their third.

"No, I guess not." Jack sighed from behind her.

"Ellie! Jack! In here!" They heard Luke say from a few cabins in front of them. They quickly hurried in and Jackson had shut the door behind him so the three would be left alone.

"Luke!" Elle excitedly said, bringing the taller boy in for a huge hug.

"Ellie! Missed you too short stuff!" Luke teased before bringing Jackson in for a bro hug as the three sat, Elle across from the boys.