Chapter 18

Sunday morning quickly came and Fred woke up with a pounding headache. Fred slowly opened his eyes to see George exit their shared bathroom dressed for the day with damp hair.

"Good Morning Sunshine!" George teased his brother, reaching into his night table to pass him a hangover relief potion which Fred gratefully took, feeling the pain in his head ease.

"Better?" George asked him as Fred nodded his head.

"Much. What even happened last night?" Fred asked his brother, sitting up in his bed.

"You got wasted so I brought you up to the room before you embarrassed yourself further." George teased as Fred sent him a glare.

"What do you mean further?" Fred asked him.

"You saw Ellie about to leave with Diggory so you basically tried to serenade her and you told her that she needs to ask her brother about something." George explained as Fred groaned.

"I need to talk to her." Fred told George, quickly standing up and throwing on a sweater before they both left their room, entering the common room and saw Hermione sitting there.

"Hey Granger, have you seen Ellie?" Fred asked as the younger girl nodded.

"She just went down to breakfast with Luke." Hermione informed them as they quickly thanked her, making their way down to the great hall where they saw Elle, Luke and Lee sat around the table. Fred and George quickly walked over and sat across from Elle and Lee.

"Morning guys, feeling good Freddie?" Lee teased him as Fred playfully flipped him off.

"Delightful." Fred said in a mock tone before serving himself food. He looked up to see that Elle was definitely avoiding his eyes and he sighed. A few minutes after the friends started eating their breakfast and chatting, Elle recognized her family owl fly in.

She watched it drop a letter off to Jackson who sat at the Slytherin table, a letter to Nathan at Ravenclaw, and then flew over to the Gryffindor table, dropping one to Elle and one to Fred. Elle sent a confused look to Fred as he grabbed the letter.

"Who is that from?" The blonde quickly asked as Fred opened the letter.

"It's from Chris." Fred spoke as he started reading it.

"Hey Fred,

Thank you for writing to me. I am sorry my cousin is such a git. I wrote to Nathan and told him to back off of you and Elle and to let her make her own decisions so please go ahead and ask her out. If he continues to bother you two, do not hesitate to write to me again.

I'm glad you finally realized you like her, Charlie and I always knew him and I would be related somehow. Just because I support you now, does not mean I won't crucio you if you hurt her.

From,

Chris"

Fred let out a chuckle as he read the last line and quickly pulled away as Elle tried to grab it across the table.

"Let me read it!" Elle exclaimed as Fred laughed but shook his head no.

"Hey! This is between Chris and I!" Fred laughed, quickly folding it and putting it in his back pocket so it was out of her reach. He laughed as he watched the blonde pout and looked up to catch Nathan's eyes from the Ravenclaw table. He gave Fred a little nod, almost as if to say he was okay with it now. Fred breathed a sigh of relief as he went back to eat his food with a small smile on his face.

Meanwhile...

Jackson sat at the Slytherin table, eating with his teammates when he recognized the Mackin family owl flying in and dropped a letter in front of him. He quickly opened it to see Benjamin and Mary had written to him.