Chapter 30

Elle spent the afternoon getting the dining room ready as well as ordering in food for her Dad to pick up on the way home so they could have an easy dinner while they got reacquainted with Sirius.

She stood in her room, looking at herself in the mirror as she had just finished getting ready. She wore a simple pink crop top with jean shorts before tying her now wet hair, thanks to Fred, up in a high ponytail. Fred and George were outside playing quidditch with Jackson, Nathan, and Chris as they all claimed she took 'too long to get ready'.

She finally sprayed some perfume on before she heard her Mom and Dad come home through their study. She quickly ran down to help them with the food.

"Hi Sweetie. How was your day?" Mary asked, quickly giving her a kiss on the cheek as she passed her, Ben in tow who also offered a quick hello to his daughter as well as she followed them to the kitchen where her Mom quickly flicked her want, causing the food to be open and organized for serving.

"When will Uncle Mooney and Sirius be here? Are you two nervous?" Elle asked, taking a seat on the countertop as she watched them run around.

"Soon, probably minutes." Ben answered.

"I guess I am nervous Hunny, we haven't seen him in years. We all assumed he did the crimes he was accused of." Mary shrugged.

"You guys didn't actually believe it though? Dad said that all evidence pointed that he did it but I have never heard you guys say you believe it." Elle questioned again.

"We never did. It was hard to believe someone we had known for years and become so so close with, could actually do something like that. Plus your Father never really liked Peter." Mary said with a giggle.

"I was definitely alright with him being dead but of course that comes back to bite me." Ben snarked under his breath as the two girls laughed.

"Why didn't you like Peter? I thought you were all the best of friends?" Elle asked.

"He had the biggest crush on your Mom and constantly tried to get us to break up. Just like Lucius." Ben said with a sigh as Elle giggled.

"Your Dad likes to exaggerate. Peter had a crush, yes, but I don't remember him ever doing anything to try to break us up." Mary said as she playfully shook her head as Ben sent her a playful glare just as they heard the noise of someone flooing in.

Elle quickly ran to the living room to see her Uncle stood there with Sirius. She ran towards Remus, giving him a large hug as he gave her an even tighter hug.

"Nice to see you, Ellie. I told you it wouldn't be long." Remus spoke as they withdrew from the hug and she turned towards Sirius, suddenly feeling awkward. The two held eye contact for a moment before he had a large goofy grin on his face.

"Hi Ellie, you look so grown up." Sirius said to her as she gave him a smile, bringing him in for a quick hug as well.

"I never believed you could be the person they painted you out to be." Elle whispered to him as he nodded.

"I know. Remus told me. I appreciate it." Sirius whispered back before she stepped out of the way, allowing her Mom and Dad to give Sirius a huge hug, causing her Mom to start tearing up.

"Come on Minny, don't cry." Sirius said as he had her wrapped up in his arms.

"I can't help it. I'm finally seeing my best friend after what, twelve, thirteen years? I've missed you." Mary cried more in Sirius' shoulder.

"I've missed you too. Both of you, come here scarce." Sirius said, bringing Ben in for a hug.

"He doesn't go by scarce anymore." Elle teased.