Chapter 69

Almost a week had gone by since Elle and Fred's kiss in Nathans room and neither have spoken about it since. She hadn't been spending time with him or George, or within their large friend group as she tucked herself away in her dorm, using her time for studying. She had seen Cedric a few times, as she pitied him and how she was treating him, even if he didnt realize.

Olivia and Luke had gotten into some sort of spat, causing the couple to not spend as much time together. Olivia spent more time with her Hufflepuff friends as Luke was now tucked away in Elles room with her.

Friday night, Elle and Luke sat in her dorm reviewing the homework Professor Moody had given them for Defence against the dark arts when Elle could see how disinterested Luke was.

"Okay, what is up with you?" Elle asked, setting down her book to look across her room at Luke who was sprawled out on her couch.

"What are you talking about?" Luke asked.

"This entire week, you and Liv are obviously fighting so what's going on?" Elle asked again.

"I don't want to talk about it Elle, it's stupid, I'm stupid."

"What did you do then?"

"You have to swear not to tell anyone then." Luke finally sighed as she nodded, "Ofcourse."

"Olivia started talking to me about us after Hogwarts, and I freaked out. I said I wasn't sure what we would be doing, what I would be doing and she took that as I don't want a future with her." Luke confided in her.

"And what do you think? Do you want a future with her?" Elle asked as Luke looked at her with wide eyes, "Ofcourse I do, I just don't know what the future will look like but I know it'll have her in it. Can I be honest with you?"

"Go ahead."

"In divination, I never saw my future. I couldn't. Trelawney said it could be because I didnt believe, or because I didnt have a future." Luke told her.

"Ofcourse you have a future Luke, you're one of the smartest blokes I know." Elle grinned at the joke as he rolled his eyes.

"Charming, really. But what should I do then?" Luke asked her as she shrugged.

"I'm not sure I'm one you should be taking relationship advice from right now but you need to tell her."

"Tell her what?" Luke asked, confusion written on his face.

"What you just told me, how you see a future with her but thats the only thing you see in your future as of right now, and thats okay." Elle told him as he nodded, taking in what she was saying.

"You're smart sometimes, y'know?" Luke teased as she flipped him off, just as a knock rang through the room.

"Come in!" Luke called as Elle sent him a glare, repeating after him "Come in!", as it was her room.

Fred peeked his head in the room, looking to see who was there as he sent Elle a smile.

"Oh, what's up Fred?" Elle asked, her face getting warm as she scrambled to sit up in her bed as Luke looked between the two with wide eyes.

"I was wondering if you wanted to work on Snape's project? We've sort of been slacking and it's due soon." Fred asked as she nodded, "Yeah sure."

"Alright great, I'll be in the library." Fred said, his face heating up as he caught Lukes curious eye.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Elle nodded, watching as Fred shut the door behind him, staring at the closed door for a few more moments before Luke cleared this throat.