Chapter 70

Jackson and George lay in George's bed with the curtains drawn around them after they had just ran away from Filch. It was a Saturday night and Jackson had just watched George curse Theodore Nott after Nott had made a comment about him seeing Jackson's Dad more than he did these days.

Jackson tried to not let it bother him as he knew that his father was a death eater and he wanted no part of it, but it was hard not to long for the parent he should have been. He wanted a father like Benjamin Mackin, who loved his kids unconditionally and would never try to force his kids to do something they didn't want to do, especially not follow after an evil and dark wizard.

Once Jackson was able to pull George away from the Slytherin when they heard Filch run towards them, they ran through the halls together before ending up in George's dorm room with Fred and Lee already asleep and Luke missing, probably with Liv.

The two quietly climbed into George's bed, getting ready to sleep as Jackson watched George shut the bed's curtains around them before they lay in silence.

"Do you want to talk about it?" George asked, turning to face him as Jackson stared up at the ceiling.

"There's nothing to talk about." Jackson shook his head.

"Come on Jack, you can talk to me about your dad y'know." George prodded at his boyfriend as Jackson sighed irritably.

"I know I can but I don't want to. Leave it alone, please." Jackson begged as George sighed before nodding.

"Yeah Georgie, leave it alone please, some of us are trying to sleep." They heard Fred's voice ring out as George whipped back to see Fred glaring at him from his bed.

"Fancy that Fred, I don't recall asking for your opinion on our relationship." George glared at him as Fred shrugged playfully, "I'm starting to really miss when you slept in Elles dorm every night you bloody wanker."

"I am too. I can't believe I'm stuck in here with you gits every night now." Fred playfully teased as George flipped him off, letting Jackson reach across him to shut the curtains in Fred's face before the couple laid to look at each other again.

"I'm sorry." George quietly murmured as Jackson nodded, leaning his face closer to place a gentle kiss on his lips, "I know."

"Guys, it's not nice to wake me up and then ignore me. At least talk to me." Fred playfully begged like a child as George and Jackson quietly giggled.

"Fred! Go to bed!" Lee yelled from across the room as they heard a whipping sound, signalling that Lee had thrown something at Fred.

"All of you, bloody wankers." Fred grumbled under his breath before closing his curtains once again.

//

Elle made her way towards Hufflepuff with a mission. She had tossed and turned about what to do about her love triangle she found herself in and she realized it was Fred, and it would always be Fred but she loved Cedric enough to tell him the truth. She owed it to him. Cedric may never be a romantic love to her, but she had so much love for him that this conversation she was willingly walking towards was killing her. She knew she would be hurting such a genuine person's heart and she tried to convince herself to choose him, to love him, but she couldn't. He deserves someone who would 100% love him the way he put love out to the world. He deserved better. And for him to deserve better, it meant she would have to temporarily break his heart.

She hadn't told Fred yet her decision on telling Cedric about them, or how she wanted to run back into Fred's arms and never let go but life isn't that easy. She did want Fred back, but it would be a journey and it wouldn't be easy.