Chapter 20

"What the GODRIC is going on here?" Elle heard a woman's voice yell, waking her up. She quickly sat up to see she was asleep in Fred's hospital bed and Madame Pomfrey stood over the two.

"Sorry Madame, I'm afraid of the dark and needed a companion." Fred joked as the nurse rolled her eyes.

"Well then. Drink this potion then you are free to go." Madame Pomfrey sighed, setting the potion on the table next to his bed.

"Thank you, Poppy!" Fred grinned at her, sitting up in his bed and quickly downing the potion as Pomfrey walked away.

"What a good wake-up call, hm?" Fred joked, finally facing the dazed blonde as she had just woken up.

"Just delightful." Elle giggled.

"Want to grab breakfast?" Fred asked her as she nodded, both of them slipping out of the twin bed and slipping their shoes on, quickly exiting the hospital wing and heading towards the great hall. The two entered the hall and quickly went to sit with their friends at the Gryffindor table.

"Well good morning to you two. Where have you been blondie?" George asked them in a teasing tone.

"I fell asleep in the hospital wing." Elle told him, serving herself some breakfast, thanking Fred as he poured her a coffee.

"How interesting." Luke teased once again as Elle rolled her eyes at him.

//

That same night, Elle sat in the library, once again trying to finish her homework before the dreaded Monday morning came.

It was about 9:30 PM when Elle saw she was the last one in the library. She sighed but packed up her belongings in her school bag to head back up to the Gryffindor common room. As she was leaving the library, she saw someone walk past the big library doors. Cormac McLaggen.

"Ellie! What are you doing out so late?" He asked her, giving her a smile as he stopped in his tracks and turned to her.

"Oh, I was just studying." Elle told him.

"Oh I forgot how smart you are, but you are a Mackin after all." Cormac joked as Elle gave an awkward laugh and nod.

"Well, I'm just going to head up now." Elle spoke trying to walk past him.

"I'll walk you up, come on now." Cormac told her as she let out a small sigh but nonetheless followed him up the stairs. They made awkward small talk just as they neared the portrait, Cormac stopped talking once again.

"I know you said you were seeing Weasley, but I don't think you should count me out just yet. We would be so good together." Cormac flirted as Elle gave him a disappointed look.

"Cormac I've already told you no-" Elle started before Cormac put his hands on either side of her face, leaning in to plant a hard and almost aggressive kiss on her lips, holding her face to his before she shoved him away.

"Cormac what the hell was that!" Elle yelled at him as he gave her a pissed-off look.

"Elle, everything alright here?" Luke asked, coming up the stairs behind her with George and Lee in tow.

"Everything is fine man, piss off." Cormac told him in a cruel tone.

"Hey man, I don't think he was talking to you." George spoke up, now standing behind Elle.

"What's going on?" Lee asked the blonde.

"He kissed me even after I have told him multiple times I don't see him like that." Elle spoke, crossing her arms.