Chapter 75

On the night of Cedric's birthday, Elle made her way home after eating cake with her friends and Amos, reliving their favourite memories with Cedric before making her way home.

When she finally went through the floo passage, she noticed the house dark and quiet as she assumed everyone had already gone to bed. She saw a letter sitting on the dining table addressed to her in Fred's handwriting, deciding she would just go talk to him tomorrow.

She made her way up to her room before taking a long shower and getting into pyjamas before getting into bed. She shut her eyes for only a few moments before a knock on her door startled her.

"Come in!" Elle called as Jackson opened the door, quickly coming in before shutting it behind him. He stood at the end of her bed, and asked, "Are you okay?"

Elle gave him a soft smile before nodding, "I will be. It hurts right now... but I will be okay."

Jackson gave her a small nod, not being good at the whole comforting thing. Jackson nor Elle said anything more before he climbed into bed with her, letting her cuddle up to him, knowing she felt safe in his arms and needed the comfort.

Jackson felt Elle drift into sleep as he stayed awake, thinking. Luke had always said that it was fate that Luke, Jackson and Elle became friends, but secretly, Jackson thought that it was because of Elle. The unrelenting force of Elle Mackin had enveloped them when they were all eleven and demanded that they love each other.

And so, because it was so easy to love Elle, and because she loved them both with such a fierceness, they did. And Jackson had been grateful for her ever since they met 6 years and 11 months ago. He knew Elle and Luke already knew and had each other, but he had no one so he always wondered what good karma he had following him around to gift him such amazing friends that turned into family. He was lucky.

And he would show Elle and Luke every day how grateful he was for their friendship, but specifically Elle for bringing them all together. He would protect her until his last breath because she was the first person to show him what it felt like to be loved since his mom passed.

//

The next morning before Elle had woken up, Jackson slipped out of her room and got himself ready, quickly passing Mary's study on his way out.

"Hey Mar," Jackson started as she turned to look at him, "Hiya dearie, how's our girl? I saw you guys this morning when I went to check if she made it home."

"She will be okay, where's everyone else today?" Jackson asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Chris and Ben are at the ministry, and Nathan is training. Where are you off too?" She asked as he responded with, "Georges."

"Tell them all I say bye, when she gets up I'll try to convince her to go over. Have fun." Mary smiled at him as he bid goodbye, flooing over.

Jackson arrived at the burrow, quickly spotting George and Fred flying around outside. He said his hellos to Arthur before making his way outside. Fred was the first to spot him and shouted his hellos before his eyes lingered behind Jackson, hoping a blonde would follow.

"Hey guys!" Jackson yelled up as they flew to the ground, "Elles not here Fred, I'm sorry."

Fred didnt speak on it more before George piped up, "How was yesterday?"

"She spent it with Dylan and them. She saw Liv and Ian for the first time."

"I'm glad to hear Ians alive after disappearing for months, and Liv?" George asked as Jackson shrugged, "As good as she can be, I guess."

The three sprawled out on the ground as George and Jackson shared a quick kiss, not wanting to rub their relationship in Fred's face.

"She'll come around, y'know? She just doesn't want to bum you out by being sad around you, because she knows how you are. You will feel guilty until she feels better and she doesn't know when she will feel better. She loves you, Fred." Jackson tried to comfort as Fred nodded, a small smile on his face, "I know. I just wish she let me in instead of being so distant. She never even wrote me back yesterday."