Chapter 37

Sunday morning Elle sat in the room, once again, with the company of Fred and George.

"This whole tournament thing is stupid anyway, have you seen how Ron has become obsessed with the Beauxbaton girls?" Elle asked, sitting on the bed cross-legged across from the twins who sat leaning against the bed frame.

"I think her name is Fleur or something, she seems pretty chummy with Cedric too." George pointed out as Elle shrugged.

"I'm sure pretty boy Diggory is obsessed with all the new female attention he's getting." Fred laughed.

"I can't believe people actually want to enter!" Elle sighed out.

"What do you mean Ellie? Of Course people want to enter!" George sighed out as she shot them both looks.

"What? You guys aren't actually thinking of entering, are you?" Elle asked both of them, keeping eye contact with Fred as he looked away.

"Of Course we are!" George cheered.

"But what about the age-line?" Elle wondered out again.

"Ellie, we are smart scholars, of course, we can think of a way around it." George laughed out as Elle noticed Fred hadn't said anything.

"Guys... it's so dangerous! People have died before in it... and you want to enter?" Elle spoke, rather harshly, out.

"Yeah! Eternal glory... 1000 galleons." George countered.

"But you could die!" Elle argued.

"No one has died in years!" Fred now argued.

"The tournament hasn't happened in years!" Elle argued back.

"Elle, we need the galleons if we ever want to open our joke shop..." Fred now trailed off.

"I told you guys I would give you the money for it, you don't need to do this!" Elle argued back, getting worried.

"Ellie, that's a really nice offer..." George trailed off.

"I told you we aren't taking your money, that's enough of it." Fred dismissed.

"No, it's not! If it's between me giving you a measly 1000 galleons or you guys die, I choose the money!" Elle said to them, George sensing the tension between the couple.

"It's not a measly 1000 galleons! I know it might be to you but not everyone has parents that leave them a few million in the trust fund." Fred rudely said, causing Elles eyes to go wide.

"I'm trying to help you guys out! You shouldn't, no you shouldn't enter..." Elle trailed off again.

"We don't need your help! And I'm not a fucking child Elle, you can't tell me what to do and I can do whatever I, we, want. You can't be in control of everything because you have money to throw around." Fred yelled at her as she stood, facing the two.

"I wasn't saying that- you know what, you two have fun scheming up a way to get past the age line. I have to go." Elle told them, tears brimming in her eyes at the thought of losing either of them, before storming out of her own room as Fred let out a small sigh.

"Why would you do that?" George asked Fred as he only sighed.

"Shove off, let's just focus on our potion, hm? Might have to go raid Snape's secret stash." Fred said, changing the subject.

Elle meanwhile sat in one of the long corridors, on an empty bay window as she tried to control her tears, not wanting to start crying in front of everyone, when Cedric noticed her, sauntering over.