Chapter 86

Elle and her friends had been buzzing with excitement all week about the Halloween party in the Room of Requirement. The anticipation had been building up, and when Friday finally rolled around, the air was thick with the promise of mischief and fun. The Room of Requirement had been transformed into the perfect party venue, complete with cobwebs, eerie lights, and a hauntingly good playlist. Elle stood in front of the mirror in her dorm, putting the final touches on her costume. She and Fred had decided to go as a matching pair this year—Bonnie and Clyde, but with a sexy twist. Elle's outfit was a daring combination of a tight, pinstripe mini dress and a fedora tilted jauntily to the side. Fred, ever the charmer, wore a sharp pinstripe suit with the top few buttons undone, showing off just enough skin.

"You look incredible," Fred murmured as he came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and planting a kiss on her neck. She giggled and turned around, giving him a playful shove.

"Save it for the party, Weasley," she teased, but her eyes sparkled with affection. They grabbed their smuggled stash of Firewhiskey and Butterbeer and headed out to meet the others.

As they walked through the corridors, they could hear the distant thump of music growing louder. By the time they reached the Room of Requirement, the party was already in full swing. Liv and Luke were dancing wildly in the center of the room, their vampire costumes flashing under the strobe lights. Gigi and Lee were laughing near the makeshift bar, while Ian and Dylan tried to one-up each other in a drinking game involving magically enhanced pumpkin juice.

Elle and Fred made their entrance, and George was quick to see them and make his way over. "Bonnie and Clyde, huh?" George called out, raising his glass. "You two always know how to make an entrance."

Elle laughed, feeling a thrill of excitement. "Just wait until you see us dance," she shot back, grabbing Fred's hand and pulling him onto the dance floor. The music was loud, the lights were dim, and the atmosphere was electric. They lost themselves in the rhythm, moving together in perfect sync. Jackson, dressed as a classic werewolf, joined them with George, who was rocking a pirate costume complete with a fake parrot on his shoulder. "You guys look great!" Jackson shouted over the music.

"Thanks, mate!" Fred responded, twirling Elle around. "Having a good time?"

"Dances aren't really my thing but I like the firewhiskey," Jackson replied with a grin. "But I think Liv and Luke are trying to out-dance everyone."

Elle glanced over and saw Liv and Luke still going strong, their movements almost hypnotic. She laughed and shook her head. "Those two have way too much energy."

"And I'm sure the firewhiskey didnt help." Fred laughed.

The night wore on, and the drinks flowed freely. Elle felt a warm, pleasant buzz from the Firewhiskey, and she and Fred took a break from dancing to chat with their friends. Gigi, dressed as a mischievous fairy, handed Elle another drink. "Having fun?" she asked, her eyes twinkling.

"The best," Elle replied, taking a sip. "This is exactly what we needed."

Lee, who was dressed as a devil with an impressive set of horns, nodded in agreement. "It's been a rough term. We deserve to let loose a bit."

Fred put his arm around Elle, pulling her close. "And we're doing just that," he said with a grin. "By the way, has anyone seen Dylan? Last I saw, he was trying to charm the pants off that ghost over there."

Elle snorted with laughter. "Classic Dylan. Always trying to flirt with anything that moves."

"Or doesn't," Jackson added, rolling his eyes. "He's hopeless."

As the night went on, the party got wilder. Elle found herself back on the dance floor with Fred, their bodies moving together in a way that felt almost otherworldly.