The Date

I stepped into the living room.
"You look- you look absolutely beautiful!" He grinned from ear to ear.
"And you look very handsome!"
He looked like his breath was taken away, he just stood and stared.
"You ugh?" I stared
"Yeah. Yeah let's go" he said
We got into the car and he started driving.
"So where are we going?" I asked
"It's a surprise."
"You realize I could read your mind and find out."
"You won't."
"How do you know smiles?"
"Because you like surprises . . . And me"
"You got me" I smiled
"Who's the mind reader now?" He slightly laughed
"What am I thinking right now?"
"You are thinking. . . About how good I look"
"Yup!"
"Really?!" He seemed shocked
"No." I laughed
"I thought I really got it!" He explained with a smirk
"I like this side of you smiles!"
"What side?"
"The confident side, your comfortable with me."
"Yes and am doll" he grabbed my hand "yes I am."
We soon made it to a nice restaurant. He was a complete gentleman, he held the door and pulled out my chair. Our conversations were perfect, he asked me questions, laughed with me, and made me genuinely happy!
"When did you know you liked me?" I asked as I took a bite of my food.
"When we first met."
"Which time? The time I kicked your ass or?" I grinned.
"No no, when you came to the compound" he sweetly smiled.
"When did you know exactly?"
"When you said 'the last time I saw you, you were trying to kill me'. You weren't scared of me or reluctant to get to know me. You were just perfectly. . . You"
I smiled and looked down at my food
"Good answer"
"And when did you know?" He asked
"When I helped you with your first nightmare, you could have pushed me away but you let me help you and it brought us closer."
We both looked at each other happily. After dinner we got back in the car, Bucky put his hand on my leg as he drove.
"Thank you Buck, that was a great date!" I said
"Oh it's not over yet doll!" He said grinning
"What? What else?"
"You'll see!"
After a quick drive he brought me to an ice skating rink. It was lit up with Christmas lights and completely empty.
"What?!"
"You told me you've always wanted to ice skate because you never got to as a kid . . . you like it?"
"Are you kidding me?! Of course I do!"
I grabbed him and kissed him
"This is perfect!" I beamed
"Here" he pulled out a sweatshirt and put it on me
We put on our skates and started, I got the hang of it pretty fast but buck had trouble at first. He fell a lot and every time it made me laugh. We held hands and laughed the whole time, it was everything I could have hoped for! We sadly had to go home after a while. When we parked in the garage I got out of my seat and hugged him tightly.
"Thank you Smiles!" I nestled into him "it was worth the wait!"
He grabbed me back
"Anything for my girl."
When he said 'my girl' my heart skipped an beat. I was definitely falling in love with this man! He grabbed my hand and walked me inside. Everyone was gathered in the living room all sitting around a man I had never met but recognized.
"There is some news." Steve said

____________________________________Things are about to get juicy! Appreciate the support sm!!! Thanks for reading!❤️