Different

Spending the night with my girls was refreshing, but after the movie I was exhausted! My eyes were heavy and my pillow felt like a cloud as I fell asleep. I drifted into slumber quickly and it lasted about an hour. Bucky came through my door at about 3 in the morning.
"Hey buck, what's wrong?" I could barley open my eyes.
"I'm ugh- sorry to wake you." He was shirtless and sweaty, not a bad view.
"Don't be, what's up?" My voice was groggy
"Do you have any gum? Any cinnamon gum?"
I lifted my blankets signaling him to lay next to me, he crawled under the covers and I propped myself up.
"You want to talk about it?" I said sympathetically
"I ugh-"
He stopped talking and I put his head on my lap.
"It's ok" I added
I began to play with his hair, it was pleasantly soft and it seemed to calm him down immediately. It was funny how such a strong person just seemed to melt under my touch. He began to caress my leg with his one hand.
"This nightmare was different doll" he spoke quietly
"How's that buck?"
"It was. . . About you" his voice was shaky
"Me?"
"we were back at the warehouse, and you were shot. Only this time I couldn't save you."
"I'm so sorry, that must have been scary." I said caringly
"Holding your lifeless body was-" he struggled to speak
"I know smiles, but I'm here. I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere, unless it's our date" I continued to stroke his hair
"How did this happen?"
I raised my eyebrow
"How did what happen?" I was genuinely confused
"How have I become so attached to you, it's only been a small amount of time and your all I think about."
"Is that so?" I smiled
"Everything about you doll, it's refreshing to have someone like you around. Someone that can make me smile without not even trying"
"You are. . . Different James Barnes, amazing and sweet and different."
"It's easy to care about someone so much when that person is you." He spoke smoothly
I lifted his head and laid beside him. I stared into his eyes and decided to kiss him. When we pulled away from the kiss he grabbed the back of my head and pulled it into his chest. He held me all night, best sleep of my life.
____________________________________Short but sweet, wanted to get another chapter in before the weekend! Thanks for reading!❤️