Compliments

My alarm went off after 40 minutes of sleep. I dragged my exhausted body out of bed and into the shower. The cold water ran down my face as I tried to wake myself up. I tried to process what had happened earlier but my brain wasn't working. I quickly got dressed and went into the kitchen.
"You look awful, did you even sleep last night?" Sam said in his joking friend way
"No, I didn't! I was-" I smirked at Bucky "ugh. . . I had a nightmare."
"Again? You were doing so good." Sam was concerned which made me feel bad.
"Yeah, but I'm sure they will go away again. What I need right now is c-"
"Coffee!" Bucky cut me off as he handed me a mug.
"T-thank you." I smiled at the mug and looked back up at Bucky.
He gave a subtle wink.
"She likes cream and sugar." Sam said trying to show dominance.
"2 sugars actually, already added." Bucky stated.
"Thank you smiles, Sammie I got that soda you like when we were at the store, it's in the fridge." I tried to stop the bickering between them.
"I saw," he put his arm around me and looked at Bucky "thanks y/n!"
"Your welcome, where's breakfast?"
"I was just about to make it!" Sam stood up
"No, I got it, what do you want?" Bucky moved towards the stove
"Nah man, I'm cooking. Y/n, your usual?" Sam grabbed the pan
"Y-yes please" I awkwardly said
Sam started making chocolate chip pancakes and Bucky sat next to me. When Sam had his back to us Bucky whispered to me.
"You look nice today doll"
"Don't try to butter me up Barnes, I see what your doing" I smiled
"What? You don't like compliments?"
"I never said that"
"I can stop the compliments if you want"
"No! no I don't mind"
"Ok good because I was also going to say that even tired you have pretty eyes."
"Thank you smiles but I-"
"Orange juice?!" Sam interrupted
"Sure" Bucky and I said together smiling.
We soon ate the pancakes and I did my best to keep conversations light. Those boys would be the death of me. Bucky spent the whole time smiling at me and Sam did his best to mark his territory (Me). Steve soon called us in the conference room to let us know how the mission would go down.
"3 guys to take down, 8 of us. We will go in teams. Tony agreed to meet up with me to take down the guy in Boston. Sam, Natasha, Buck, you got Borris in New Jersey. Wanda and Vision you have Richard Hobs in Baltimore. Y/n? You alright to take on Borris?" Steve spoke like a captain
"Yeah, I want to take him down!" I said crossing my arms.
"Ok, you join Nat and the boys." He looked at me in a way that made me feel strong, "teams were divided by power. Friday threw together our strengths and weaknesses to see how we could benefit. Nat and Sams combat with Bucky's strength can be tied together with y/n's wit and mind reading. Tony and I are brains, tech and force. And Wanda and Vision have the power to take down their guy. We are divided in our groups but that doesn't mean we don't stay connected. I want you to call in everything that happens, we help each other as one team!"
"You got it Cap" Sam smiled.
"When do we leave?" Bucky said without an expression on his face.
"Use the rest of today to pack and train, we leave tomorrow morning."
Sam turned to me
"You ready for your first mission newbie?"
"Ready!" I looked at him and gave a cocky smirk.

____________________________________Thanks for all the support so far!!! Love you guys❤️