Morning breath

Sunlight hit my eyes as I snuggled in the blankets. I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes. I realized my head was on something firm yet comfortable. I slowly lifted my head to see I was laying on Bucky's chest. Before I could move he spoke.
"You alright?" His voice was raspy, I turned to look at him.
"I'm so sorry I didn't realize-"
"Don't worry about it doll, we stayed up late last night"
"y-yeah"
"Uh, speaking of last night . . . Thank you. I'm glad to have someone in this house to open up to."
"I feel the same way," he genuinely smiled "you make a comfy pillow by the way"
He lightly laughed
"Thanks"
His breath still smelt like cinnamon from last night.
"I'm gonna go shower before Sam walks in my room and freaks out" I started to get up and noticed he look kinda upset "I will see you later smiles"
"Wait, don't forget this" he held up the gum
"Keep it" I smiled at him and left.

The shower is where I got a lot of thinking done, so as soon as the water started running my mind raced. Bucky was so kind and caring for someone I had met only a few days ago. We had so much in common and it was just easy to talk to him. And that was probably the best sleep I've ever gotten, something about laying on his chest with his arm around me was so comfortable. And when I think about it he was awake before me so what was he doing? just watching me? I had to stop myself! The new girl has to stay focused and show she belongs on the team. Plus I don't think Sam would be to happy. Living a normal. . . Superhero life was what I needed. So no romance, just work! Right?

___________________________________
This chapter was short and simple. . . Sorry! More to come!❤️