Eyes Open

Warning: some upsetting scenarios

I had no choice, how could I ever let my friends get hurt? How could I ever risk their safety? I couldn't I cared too much. Thats why I did what Borris told me.
"Sit, so we can chat." He spoke coldly
I took a seat reluctantly
"Now I have tried to redo my brilliance, make another like you, but no one. . . Well, no one else survived the tests. There is only you."
The words 'there is only you' repeated in my head. He needed me, and he wasn't going to lose me.
"Why is that? Why am I the only survivor?" I questioned
"I wish I knew 024"
"So it can't be replicated, I'm your only hope."
If I was the only person who could help him he wouldn't blow the building up, not with me in it! But just to make sure I read his mind: 'the only one who can make hydra big. That's why when we leave this place I'm blowing this shack down. I don't need those friends following you and trying to save the day. No loose ends!'
" fine Borris I'll go where you need me, where's the jet?"
"I knew you'd make the right decision" he grinned
"It's not like I have one" I pretended to be sad, knowing I had a way out of it. As we started walking to the door Bucky and Sam busted through the door Borris immediately drew his gun at Sam.
"STOP!" I yelled, "DONT HURT THEM AND ILL GO WITH YOU! JUST PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
Borris slowly lowered the gun.
"Bucky, Sam I need you boys to calm down, it's going to be ok." I looked down at Sams gun as I spoke to him giving him the hint.
"Ok, ok" Sam said knowing what I needed him to do.
"What? Sam what are you doing" Bucky was confused
"Smiles, trust me."
My heart was racing, the last thing I wanted to see was one of my boys get hurt.
"I'm just going to go with Borris. . . Now!" Sam tossed me his gun and I pointed it at Borris.
"You stupid girl! I'll blow this place up, bring you and your friends down!" He spoke aggressively as he pointed his gun at Bucky
"You won't kill me, or yourself for that matter. You need me! So lower your gun NOW!" I felt strong
He slowly lowered his gun with a defeated look on his face.
"I'm stronger than you! I'm smarter than you! And you will NEVER get the best of me." I said confidently
I could tell my words got to him. If there is one thing about Borris it's that he doesn't like being out witted. He quickly raised his gun at Bucky as a last move but Bucky shot him before he could pull the trigger. Borris laid there bleeding.
"If I'm going my creation is coming with me!" He spoke as he struggled to get his words out
Before his words registered in my brain I had been shot, right in the stomach. I fell to the ground and the boys rushed over to me.
"S-Sam" I said trying to speak
Bucky grabbed me and made me comfortable on his lap.
"Y/n! Your going to be alright, you hear me!" Sam spoke trying to keep his cool.
"I- I hear ya."
"Use the intercom, tell nat we need the jet NOW!" Bucky yelled.
Sam spoke into the intercom trying to get a response. There was no connection.
"I'm going to get Nat! Keep her eyes open man!" He rushed out of the room and Bucky adjusted me.
"You hear me doll?" His voice was cracking
"I hear you smiles."
He started covering my wound with cloth
"Your going to be alright, ok? I promise!"
"I know. I'm a fighter Buck, I'm not leaving you that eas-" A jolt of pain caused me to moan.
I could see tears build in his eyes
"You can't go, I haven't taken you on that date yet." He tried to stay strong
"He-hey I don't remember agreeing to the date." I teased him and smiled through the pain.
"I've decided you don't have a choice! Your coming on the date with me, and- and it's going to be amazing!"
"Can't wait smiles." My vision started to get blurry and my eyes started closing.
"No, no eyes open!"
"Buck. . ."
"What is it doll?" He was hurting emotionally , I could tell by his voice
"I- I really like you" I moaned in pain again and started to close my eyes
"I really like you doll! I- I haven't like anyone like I like you. So I need you too keep those eyes open for me, be-because if you don't I'll be lost. Your the only one keeping me sane, keeping me happy!"
I opened my eyes and saw a tear roll down his face. I used my weak hand to wipe it away.
"I'll be fine smiles, just- just need a, a little nap-" I blacked out.
____________________________________Posting another part right after this one! Call it an early Christmas present! Thanks for reading!❤️