Sleepy

Thor was confused at first, he didn't understand why I needed the prophecy, but like a good friend he retrieved it for me. It was an old scroll that looked like it could fall apart any second. It was rolled up in a beautiful gold holder that was engraved with an image of a serpent and an apple. I smiled as Thor handed it to me.
"I know your on to something doll, but we are all lost . . . Why do you need that?" Bucky said as Thor and Steve looked at me confused.
"When I was. . . Well I have been arrested," I started "it was back when I first met Sam and Steve and I had to break the law to find out a few things about you."
"You have broken the law?!" Bucky's eyes grew wide but I could tell he was secretly impressed
"Do I have to remind you of some of the crimes you have committed?" I smirked "Let's not pretend we haven't all done something wrong for a mission."
The boys nodded and I continued my story
"Well when I was talking with my lawyer we had to go over a bunch of paper work and violations. I ended up getting out of it by finding a loophole."
"A loophole?" Thor asked
"Using the specific words from a document to find a way out."
"Like if I had a box of food and I told you you can only pick up one thing and you pick up the whole box, you are only grabbing one thing, your using the words to your advantage." Steve explained trying to get my point across.
"Clever!" Thor grinned
"I'm going to go over the prophecy and find one! There has to be one!" I exclaimed
Bucky grabbed my hand
"Let's go back to the compound, get some quiet. I will help you and we will figure it out," he looked at the boys "we will be back"
Bucky and I made our way back to the compound. I was eager. I felt like I owed Loki, even though I didn't but the kind part of me couldn't help but feel bad. He felt alone, like he could never be happy, and I didn't want that. I rushed to the conference room, throwing all the papers I had on Norse mythology on the table. I had a few books and my computer to help us. I had acquired them back when I first learned it was a part of my story. Smiles grabbed us some coffee and I threw my hair into a bun. He placed the steaming cup on the table.
"You ready?" He asked as he put his ands on my shoulders
"Yup." I replied
I slowly unraveled the scroll and started to read it. It was longer than anticipated. Some of the words were so large and outrageous I had to skip over them. I quickly scanned through hoping something would pop out at me. . . And it did.
The product of Idunn will provide Loki with purpose and reason
My eyes grew large and I immediately pointed it out to Bucky.
"That! That's broad, that can mean more than a significant other!"
"Keep reading" he said
Though love will seem distant in his young life, he will find something powerful and fulfilling. Living and kind, his purpose he will find.
"Living and kind?" I said lifting an eyebrow
"You are both those things" Buck replied
"Here," I handed him a book "read the chapter about Idunn."
I opened my computer and goggled products of Idunn. Pictures of her popped up, they all showed a charming pleasant looking women. I stared at her. In my mind she could never be pleasant. She left me, abandoned me, walked away from me and I got taken by Borris because of it. She never visited, explained to me what happened, even when I was on Asgard. I knew she was missing but you'd think I'd be important to her. My mind wandered as Bucky read. 40 minutes into research Bucky's head shot up.
"She- she was the keeper of some apples! Those are living!" He explained
"Living and kind?" I added
"The apples gave the gods youth, I think that's kind"
"An apple? You think that's Loki's purpose?"
"Well I'll take what I can get because your not going to be his purpose . . . Your my purpose."
I smiled at him and continued to research. Time passed and my eyes had grew heavy.
"Should we take a break? Take a nap?" Bucky spoke out of concern
"No I'm- I'm good." I replied
"You look like a baby when your sleepy."
"OH MY GOD!" I stood up
Bucky jumped scared at my reaction
"What? What is it?"
"Give me the prophecy!"
My eyes scanned the word once more, re-reading to see if my theory fit.
Though it will prove to be a challenge, being at the side of his purpose will show him true unconditional love.
I smiled as I looked at the words, then faced Bucky. I grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him quickly.
"You are a genius Smiles!" I said beaming
"Me? What?"
"What did you say I looked like when I'm tired?"
"A-a baby?"
"A baby. Loki needs a baby. That's his purpose!" I was still holding on to Bucky's face "if he has a child with Idunn, it would be her product and his purpose! He would have the unconditional love he has been searching for! He would have true acceptance!"
"You- wow!"
We both stood in disbelief
"She's missing though" I said as my smiled faded slightly
"I'm just happy we found our answer. We can worry about that part later." He responded
____________________________________Thanks for reading!❤️