Distraction

After packing and some combat training, Sam treated me to a nice dinner, we talked about the mission mostly but Bucky did sneak into the conversation.
"He's too comfortable with you, that's all" Sam said "it took me a little bit to get you out of your shell and this dude just walks in expecting to be part of the family. . . . I don't think so"
"That's the thing Sam, YOU are my family. So it shouldn't bother you that I've made a new friend." A new friend I've made out with but he didn't need to know that.
"What member of the family am I? Handsome Husband?"
"Older Brother."
His face fell
"I told you Sammie, I love you too much to risk a relationship."
"I know I know!"
We have talked about this before, he asked me out in the past but like I said he's my family and I'm not going to lose him.
"You have to admit though," he said smiling "our babies would be pretty cute"
"I'm sure that would be. Too bad we will never find out."
"Eh, never say never!"
"I'm gonna say it anyway" I smirked
"How about . . . If we are single by 35 . . ."
"I will have to be at least 40 if I ever marry you."
"Fine! If we are both single at 40 I'm proposing and your saying yes!"
"Uh, fine"
He grinned and made me shake on it.
When we got back to the compound I went into my room. Sam and I got back late and most people were asleep in preparation for the mission. I sat on my bed but was wide awake. Luckily there was a knock on my door.
"Come in" I said loud enough to be heard
Bucky slowly stepped through the door in a red t-shirt and gray sweatpants.
"Hey doll," he spoke softly "can I talk to you?"
I patted a spot on my bed indicating for him to sit with me.
"I ugh . . ." He stared at me
"You ugh?" I mocked
"I want to take you on a date. Like a real one" he spoke a little nervously
"Bucky. . ."
"I know I said I'd prove myself and I know you don't want a relationship or anything but I . . ."
I raised an eyebrow
"I really like you." He said bluntly "I just really like you. Your fun and, and tough. . . And it's hot when you beat me up"
"Bucky!"
"I'm sorry, but your just different, I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true!"
"Smiles . . ."
He looked dead in my eyes
"Your always on my mind y/n, and your just so beautiful, and kissing you is . . ."
"Is this how you made the girls from the 40s fall in love with you?" I grinned
"No. . ." A smile grew "Why is it working?"
"It's very sweet smiles, your very sweet."
"Is that a yes?"
"It's an 'I'll think about it'" he slightly smiled at my response "I'll give you an answer after the mission, there's just a lot to do and I wouldn't want to distract you" I smirked
"Too late for that doll, I've been distracted since you stepped into this place" He smiled
He scooted closer kissed my cheek and then left, leaving me wanting more. James Barnes was definitely a distraction. . . A good one.

____________________________________Poor Sammie! Thanks for reading❤️