Winners

I couldn't sleep that night, thoughts rushed through my head. Borris was one thing to stress about and on top of that I now had to watch Sam so he didn't jump down Bucky's throat. At 3 am I decided that I should just get my mind off of everything. I put on my bathing suit and grabbed a towel, nothing like an early morning swim. I stepped into the large room and took a deep breathe. Ready for relaxation, I set my towel on my chair and noticed that the chair next to mine had a towel already set on it. I turned to the water and saw a large shadow submerged under. I tried to figure out who it was, I knew nothing could break Sam away from sleep so it wasn't him. Steve told me he only swims when he has to, and vision, well could vision even swim? Maybe one of the girls? The shadow started getting closer and closer, revealing the very handsome brunette.
"Hey doll" he spoke with a raspy voice
"Hi," I smiled "what are you doing up?"
"Couldn't sleep, you?"
"Same, just a lot on my mind" I sat on the side of the pool and put my feet in.
He swam closer to me.
"Anything I can help with?" He was genuinely concerned, I could tell.
"I don't know. . . "
"Try me, if I can't help, I'll at least be a good listener"
I grinned and looked down at my feet
"I'm just nervous for the mission I guess. . . I'm- not nervous just- I don't know"
"Anxious to see Borris Bates?"
"Yes" he knew exactly how I felt
"I've only known you a little while and I can tell your stronger than he is on his best day."
"Thanks Buck"
"I mean it," he looked me in the eyes "your incredible."
"Says the man who survived getting brainwashed"
"You say that like I'm a hero"
I gave him a confused look
"You are! You turned your life around and are trying to help people who need it!"
"I'm just doing what's right"
"That's what a hero would say," I grinned at him
"And what do you call a girl who overcame her evil and left her normal life to help others?"
"A confused little girl."  My smile faded
He looked me in the eyes
"Really?" He spoke passionately "because I'd call her a powerful, smart, and brave hero."
I smiled at my feet out of flattery.
"Guess we're two hero's then" I said
"Guess so" he grinned and stayed still. After a moment of silence I saw an opening to splash him. I splashed him right in the face.
"Ohhhh" he laughed as he splashed me back.
We continued to splash each other until it was clear I was winning.
"That's it doll" he spoke mischievously
He grabbed my feet and pulled me into the water. I came up and gasped for air.
"BUCKY" I was half screaming half laughing.
I couldn't find him until he jumped out of the water grabbing me and dragging me under. We came up for air and I splashed him.
"Wow doll!" He tried to block the water but I wouldn't stop.
"Say I'm the winner!" I yelled
"What?"
"You heard me" I continued splashing
He came closer and grabbed my arms causing me to stop. He looked in my eyes grabbed my waist and pulled me close. He lifted me so I was slightly above him. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his breath on my neck.
"I won" I whispered
"I don't know about that" his whisper was hot
He moved hair behind my ear
" I always win"
"Not this time"
He leaned in and placed his lips on mine. At first it was gentle and calm, but it escalated to something passionate and hungry. He kissed me like he has been waiting for it for years. I felt my cheeks get hot as his hand caressed my face. We slowly pulled away and opened our eyes to look right at each other.
"I feel like the real winner" he spoke softly.

____________________________________ Ooooooooo Bucky and y/n! Thanks for reading❤️