Babysitting

When I woke up Sam was gone, a part of me was disappointed but the other part of me knew he had stuff to do. He was such an amazing friend. So caring and kind. I decided I needed a shower, to get clean and to wash off the emotions. As the water spread down my body I saw the scars left on my stomach and arms. They were all from Borris. The way he treated me was unhuman like. The sadness seemed to wash away with the water. The Sorrow turned to anger. That man, that extremely evil man put me through so much pain. I wanted to show him what that was like, I wanted him to be hurt by the thing he created, my mind. I was smarter than him now, and after everything I went through, I'm a hell of a lot stronger too. With a burst of confidence I got out of the shower and got dressed. I headed for the living room and Bucky was sitting alone.
"Hey smiles," I said smiling
"Hi doll" I liked the way he said doll
"Where is everyone?"
"Steve is planning the mission, Wanda and Natasha are in the combat room and Sam-"
"Is right here" Sam spoke from behind me
"Hey Sammie!"
"Hey, how you feeling?"
"Much better, you were right," I smirked "I'm going to kick this guys ass and I will have you guys by my side when I do it."
"Hell yeah" Sam high fives me.
"I'm starving! Do we have dinner?"
"I was going to make pizza, you in?"
"Definitely, Bucky what do you like on yours?"
His head shot up
"I ugh, I'll just help you guys" he responded
"I think we got the pizza handled" Sam said coldly
"He's kidding come on" I gestured to the kitchen
Bucky followed me and Sam to the kitchen. As Sam got the supplies out I cleared the countertop.
"I haven't had pizza in forever" I said
"I haven't had pizza in 50 years" Bucky responded
"I think you win" I laughed
"You have a nice laugh" he said smiling
"Yeah she does. The first time I heard her laugh was when we first met, You know when we were busy with you trying to kill us" Sam responded out of jealousy
"Such a jokester tonight Sam" I said adding a fake laugh to ease the tension.
"I don't think I ever did really apologize for that," Bucky added "I am truly sorry."
"Don't be sorry, that wasn't you" I rolled out the dough
"Kinda was" Sam said under his breath
"So how about pepperoni?" I tried to change the subject.
"Y-yeah, that works" Bucky said.
The rest of the night was extremely awkward! I had to turn on music to avoid conversations taking a turn when we were cooking. Of course they couldn't agree on music so I chose my favorite songs, they were fine with it. I think they just wanted me happy. I was extremely tempted to read their minds to try to understand what was going on, but I didn't want to invade their privacy. After dinner I was exhausted. I felt like a babysitter. We had some good conversations but they would get interrupted by the boys bickering. Bucky went to bed first leaving Sam and I.
"You need to be nicer" I said sternly
"What are you talking about?" Sam asked
"You know what I'm talking about dumby!"
"I wasn't that mean."
"You called him a terrorist"
"I was joking"
I gave him a 'really?' Look.
"Fine, I could have been nicer." He said rolling his eyes
"And you will be nicer next time"
"Fine!"
"I'm going to bed, I'll see you in the morning"
"Goodnight"
I could tell Bucky really annoyed him but I knew Sam was a good person and just needed some time. I stepped into my room and grew happy at the sight of my bed. Those boys were tiring! I put pajamas on and headed to my spot. As I lifted the covers i noticed a pack of cinnamon gum on my pillow case, unopened with a note on it. 'Glad you joined the team doll, -smiles' I blushed at the sight of it.
____________________________________the boys are getting jealous!!! Thank for reading ❤️