Snapped

Loki was giving me whiplash from his mood swings. One moment he was cocky and selfish, and the next he was caring and gave me space. I told him I wanted to be alone and he left, only to arrive an hour later with food he insisted we eat together. I told him no, I tried to push him out of the room but he was physically stronger than me. I plopped onto a chair at the table and he sat across from me. I adjusted in my suit, it began to get uncomfortable.
"I left out alternate clothing for you," Loki noticed "you are free to choose any of them."
"Oh how kind of you, your letting me pick out my own clothes!" I said sarcastically
I rolled my eyes in anger. I missed home, I missed the team, and I missed Bucky.
"You'd look beautiful in any of them." He continued
"I'm not really a gown kind of girl." I kept a cold distant tone.
Bucky was right when he said my suit was tight, it was so tight I could feel my legs being squished. It was a suit meant for combat, not for long time wear with your kidnapper. I eventually gave in to one of the Asgardian dressed. I picked it up and started walking towards the bathroom.
"Oh no need." Loki said with a grin
He lifted his hand and a cloud of smoke surrounded me, when the smoke disappeared I was in the dress.
I crossed my arms and sat back down.
"It's simple really, perhaps I could teach you." He stared into my unamused eyes.
"Teach me how to get out of here and you have a deal!" I replied
He returned a mischievous laugh
"It's not going to be that easy" He looked me up and down "you look ravishing"
"Have you ever heard the story Beauty and the Beast?" I was impatient and had no time for his compliments.
"No, enlighten me."
"It's a story about about a nice girl." He could tell I was pissed from the tone of my voice "her father got kidnapped by a horrible monster, so she traded places with him. And the monster made her live in his castle with her, and she was unhappy! This sound familiar?"
"How does the story end?" He grinned
I rolled my eyes
"I want to go home."
"You are home."
"No, I'm not."
"If you just give it time y-"
"No! No I will NEVER be happy here Loki!"
He stood up and slammed his hands on the table
"YOU WILL BE HAPPY HERE!" He had completely snapped, and I was ready to challenge him.
"I COULD NEVER BE HAPPY HERE! I COULD NEVER BE HAPPY WITH YOU!"
He turned his back to me for a second
"I HAVE TRIED TO BE PATIENT," he turned back around "I HAVE TRIED TO BE KIND! WHEN WILL YOU REALIZE YOU ARE NOT LEAVING!"
"I AM LEAVING! I WILL JUMP OFF THAT BALCONY IF I HAVE TO!"
He threw an plate off the table and it shattered against the wall, but I had to show him I wasn't scared of him so I didn't flinch.
"WHY DO YOU NEED ME SO BAD?! WHAT ABOUT ME MAKES YOU THIS INSANE?! I DON'T UNDERSTAN-"
"BECAUSE YOUR MY ONLY CHANCE AT HAPPINESS!"
I stayed silent, I just froze and looked at him. He put his hand in his hair to calm himself down. He took multiple deep breathes. I just stood confused.
"You are my only shot at happiness." He started to speak again "you are the only family I will ever have."
"Is that what the prophecy told you?" I asked quietly
"No," he slammed back in his chair, I could tell he was mentally in pain "that is what my whole life has told me!"
"I-"
"I have grown up my entire life different. . . Not excepted because of who I am. Trying to show everyone I was worthy. And then I found out my whole existence had been a lie! When I read the prophecy, I knew it was my turn to find someone like me. Someone who understands."
I had no idea has to respond. One part of me wanted to hug him because he was in so much pain, but the other part of me wanted to kill him for keeping me here for his own selfish reasons. He stared into my eyes waiting for my response but it never came. Instead I just stood there confused and frustrated. I looked down at my feet, he took it as his cue to leave. He stormed out of the room in an emotional haze, and I fell onto the bed.
____________________________________Thanks for reading!❤️