Chapter 39: Tainted

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery."

This chapter may or may not contain strong language which may be offensive to some readers and inappropriate for children.

Stray kids and supernova have been invited to perform at a JYP's party people.

-Chris/Bangchan's pov

=at the rehearsals

I was waiting to get a chance to talk with jinae. she's been ignoring me lately.

It was hard to approach the girls because there were so many people surrounding them. I knew I needed to be careful as word of mouth travels fast in this industry.

I smirk seeing jinae alone on her phone.

I was about to go to her but someone held me back.

Before I could turn around, I was dragged away.

"chan, what are you doing?" It was Hanna.

"I was going to talk to jinae," I admitted.

"don't...give her some space," she said firmly.

"it's been more than a year," I say turning around.

"if you push her too much hard she'll end up hating you. You want that?"

I stop my tracks at her words. The pain of what she said has my chest expanding, feeling like it'll exploding. "was what I did so bad?"

"you two weren't together, but that doesn't make it right. She never hooked up with anyone else when you two were a thing. it's bad, chan. But not terrible," she answers.

"I know it wasn't fair. you must hate me now too."

"I don't, Chris. I just... she's my family. And, she's hurt. She was hurt when it happened and she's still hurting."