Chapter 17: I like you

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling for you was beyond my control."

-minhee's pov

"Do you wanna go have ice cream?" Hanna asked.
I looked at her doleful eyes for a good second before I assented while twinkling at her.
it's only been a day since the whole thing with steppy happened. Hanna is still understandably sad. She has talked to dad but it's clear things won't be the same with them for a while.

 She has talked to dad but it's clear things won't be the same with them for a while

We talked about everything except the incident. I could tell she tried to keep herself in high spirits the whole time. I don't want her to pretend to be fine on my account but I figured she's not talking about it because she's not ready to.
"aren't you a little too dressed up? I mean we're just getting ice cream right?"
I teased her chuckling. She looked at herself.
"I just felt like wearing a dress okay?"
I dramatically gasped surprising her.
"do you perhaps have a date with your koo?"
"Why do you bring him into everything."
"because bringing him up makes you smile."
I retorted with a sly smirk.
Despite the slight tension I felt from her, we ended up getting into a few laughing fits and enjoying ourselves quite a bit.
When we reached our apartment, I got in as Hanna opened the door for me. I was taken aback by people shouting 'surprise' at my face.
I was definitely stunned when Hanna back hugged me. "happy birthday in advance~"
I scoffed turning to her. "that's why you wore a dress!"
I turned my attention to the small crowd filled with people I adore. I awed at them since I knew every one of these people took time out of their busy lives just for me.

-Jungkook's pov

I was talking to rapmon Hyung while bobbing our heads from time to time

I was talking to rapmon Hyung while bobbing our heads from time to time. My eyes naturally went to Hanna who quietly walked to the balcony with a drink in her hand while casually greeting people who were on her way.
"I see you." Rapmon Hyung muttered.
"what?" I replied still looking in her direction.
"you're checking her out." he sang.
I rolled my eyes at him.
"heyy guys! Can I talk to you?"
Minhee intervened; slightly tugging my sleeves.
"I'm gonna go have a drink. Happy birthday in advance~" with that rapmon Hyung left.
I looked at her with worried eyes.
"Is she okay?" I asked her hoping she got what I meant.
"you know?"
"Jae mentioned it."
she nodded."you know she really likes you right?"
That caught me off-guard. Minhee and I only talked a hand full of times and I never expected her to be so straightforward.
"Oh come on you have to know! And you like her too. it's VERY obvious. The only two people who don't seem to get it is you two. Listen, I would've given you two the time to do things your own way but she's sad. Actually sad. But...... the only thing that seems to lighten her up is you..... I know you're a bit shy and won't approach her without a little push so * sighs* that's where I come in." she smiled at me before continuing.

"*her eyes softened*she's the sweetest person. She feels emotions so deeply; in all aspects. She can be hurt like no other but she can also feel love like no other.....so don't hurt her. *she looked at me sadly before beaming* Go get her."
I smiled like an idiot before heading towards the terrace-like balcony.

"I smiled like an idiot before heading towards the terrace-like balcony

She flinched a little when she felt me coming closer to her. I saw her body relax when she realized it was me.
"Should I leave?" I asked her nervously.
"stay." I frowned at how broken she looked.
"you know you can talk to me. About anything."
I need her to know she can confide in me. She finally smiled at me. I pouted knowing it was forced since it didn't reach her eyes.
"you know what, let's lie down," I suggested.
"wha- why?"
"I have a hard time opening up to people. So, When I'm sad, I look at the sky and say everything out loud. " I admitted.
"you talk to yourself?" she raised her brows slightly smirking.
"it's weird but effective. Try it." I chuckled.
"It's not weird." this time she gave me a genuine smile that made my heart flutter. We lied there in comfortable silence for a few minutes before I spoke. "on a scale from 1-10 how bad do feel?"
"8" she breathed.
"What happened back there?" I questioned her.
She sighed. "how much did Jae tell you?"
"How did you-" she looked at me.
"you're his best friend." I chuckled at her response.
she looked back at the sky. "she... Said somethings about my mom and I lost it. I don't think I've been that mad before..... I wanted to hit her koo."
I snickered and reached for her hand.
"The whole dinner was good and then sungwoo and jaehwan left, that's when she started telling us these terrible things people were saying about my mom... Everyone has moved on so what's the point of bringing it up every time with us. I just-I hate re-living this over and over again. I kept up with all this since he got with her because if she leaves him, he's gonna be alone and I don't want that........but then again, If he hadn't texted that women when he was with mom, we would still be a family...... it's just so frustrating, he still does that by the way and she's totally oblivious of the whole thing."

"*scoffs* your kidding...again? You haven't told anyone?" I asked her.
"I'm scared to, I was helping him with his emails a few weeks ago and I saw it. I felt so much hate for him gukk. But he's my dad and I can't help but love him. How fucked up is that."
I sat up when I heard her voice crack.
"of course you love him, baby... it's all gonna be okay. Hmm?" I murmured rubbing my thumb over her hand.
"I don't think it will this time. you know when something bad happens I always focus on the solution. And I'm here thinking of what that is......I can't... I can't think of anything. I can't think of anything good coming out of this. I'm so tired of tolerating her for him." I held her hand tightly.
"you'll forgive her~" I smiled as she shook her head.
"I don't know koo, she said really hurtful things. I just- I can't forget it......."
"she's a bitch for making you this sad. But you'll forgive her. it might take a while but you will. Because it's who you are. You're that amazing. perfect. whatever she said doesn't change that. I'm sorry this hurt you so much baby. I hate seeing you cry so stop okay?"
I pulled her into my arms.
"how do you do that?" she looked up at me.
"do what?" I asked.
"make me feel all better just like that."
she slowly leaned in. I looked into her eyes getting lost in them. I placed my hand behind my neck, pulling her closer. The other hand on her tiny waist; finally pressing our lips together. Her hands moved from my chest to my neck as I smirked into the kiss.
It was euphoric. I've fantasized about this so many times, but never in my wildest dreams did my imagination do it justice. I could just kiss her all day and never want it to stop.

"i...I feel like I'm taking advantage." I admitted.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because... you're in a place and I think you're insanely pretty."

"The feeling is mutual." she smiled kissing me.

"go out with me~" I panted.
"I would love to." she beamed making us laugh.
This is bliss. Neither of us could stop smiling.
"you look dashing in that suit by the way. " I smirked at her remark.
I gazed at her before taking my blazer off and wrapping it around her shoulder. We were about to lean in for another kiss.
"aww isn't this cute?" we pulled away quickly.

We saw jin ae smirking at us leaning against the door frame.
"c'mon kids, we're about to cut the cake."