Chapter 31: Death and all his friends

"Losing your best friend is like losing half of your heart."

-minhee's pov

-minhee's pov

it all happened in just a matter of seconds. Before the panic kicked in, everything went dark.  I remember the look on her face. I woke up panting dreadfully as I looked around.

I remember being on a hospital stretcher. Bright white flash. Trying to move.

Just like that,  I gasped slowly opening my eyes. My sister rushed to my side, as my brother left the room. she spoke seeing the panic in my eyes. "you're in the hospital. You got into an accident. you're okay, minhee."

"aera umm.. they're doing tests on her, still. The doctors will let us know when they're done. Mom and dad are also on their way." she continued to say as she poured some water into a glass, handing it to me with a straw.

just then, jaehwan comes back with the doctor.

I feel like my brains turned into mush, I couldn't say anything.

the doctor spoke as he did his checkup on me.

"after experiencing or witnessing a frightening or traumatic event it is common for people to experience strong physical feelings and emotions. These are normal and for the majority of people they start to fade and settle down within a few months."

my family members looked at me with concern.

I looked up hearing jisoo's voice.

"how? How did this happen?!"

-author's pov

...

"did you hear it was a freeway high-speed accident?"

"oh no, what to do? it's so terrible." jisoo heard people whispering as she walked through the halls of the hospital. 

She was distressed. Even though, she wanted to hold on to a gleam of hope. A part of her was regretting not spending enough time with her little sister. When she saw the driver she needed to know what really happened.