Chapter 5: The beginning of Supernova

"We are all stars waiting for someone who can handle our supernova."

-Minjee's pov

It was very nerve-wracking to be a trainee at such a prestigious company. But at the same time such a blessing. The first day as a trainee we were walked through the basics. The following days, however, were pretty brutal. Contrary to popular belief, there weren't that many of us who passed the auditions. Only five of us were lucky enough this time.
I heard people were separated for a while to focus more on individual skill improvement before we're put into groups if we prove ourselves to be worthy.

~ a few weeks into the training...

I was eating alone in the cafeteria when I was approached by a pretty girl with a warm smile on her face.
???: Heyy, I'm Hanna. Can I sit with you?
Me:...hi, I'm minjee. Sure go ahead.
*Hanna smiled at me widely before she sat beside me and quietly kept me company*
I saw Hanna when the auditions took place. I heard that the big three labels offered her to come train in their companies. 'She must be good... and on top of that she's really friendly and pretty.' I looked over at Hanna when she spoke.
Hanna: "jin ae!" *she waved
Me: "you know jin ae?"
'jin ae...she's famous here in the company. She's an ace. Great at singing. One of the best street dancers in the company. and very pretty.'
Hanna: "hehe yeah jin ae's my cousin"
'wow, that explains a lot....'
Jinae: "sorry I'm late, H. there was a line by japchae"
Hanna: "did you get any at least?" *curious*
Jinae: "of course I did hee hee" *excitedly while getting ready to eat*
Hanna: "oh, j this is minjee and minjee this is THE JIN AE"
*Hanna said a bit dramatically making me laugh
Jinae: "heyy. I'm jinae. How's it going? You are one of the new ones right? " *she flipped her hair playing along with Hanna*
Me: "yeah *laughs* It's a little scary here, to be honest."
Hanna: " aww don't be scared you have us now, so if you don't feel like being alone just come talk to us okay?" *Hanna offered*
Me: "that's so nice of you"
' that was the beginning of our beautiful friendship. Hanna and jinae were very easy going and despite the busy schedules, they always seemed so optimistic.'
———————————————————
The word going around was that the producers? were planning on debuting a girl group upon hearing the news of YG debuting one this year. The rumor has it they were gonna choose the most promising ones during this week's evaluation. I have to try my best.
I was pretty determined to give it my 110%. I also really wished for Hanna and jinae to make it.

~Time skip to performance time...

I guess the rumors were definitely true. They asked the trainees to come to a bigger room and we were met with a few famous JYP idols, some producers, and JYP himself.
JYP: "I hope you guys are all doing good. We'll start the performances shortly. Good luck everyone."          
*he said sweetly but I gulped when I saw his demeanor change as he sat down*
One of the producers called out jin ae. I saw Hanna winking at her smiling and doing the fighting gesture. Jin ae's performance was truly astounding. It was very powerful yet sexy. Why the hell hasn't she debut yet?!
After a few more people performed it was Hanna's turn. I gave her a reassuring smile while jin ae nudged at her as she made her way to the center...Hanna gave a very emotional and graceful performance. she has this ability to captivate everyone's attention when she performs. Fuck, these girls are so talented.
When it was finally my turn, I saw Hanna and jin ae cheering for me. I took a deep breath before I began.....
After I was done with the performance Hanna gestured me to come to sit with her and jin ae.
Jin ae: "gurrrl you were on firee"
Hanna: " it's like you became a totally different person, you did amazing Minnie"
Me: "thank you gu---"
I was cut off by one of the producers calling some of us out
??: "yura , jin ae , sohee, minjee,hanna , seoyun......
You guys stay behind and the rest of you, off with your day." 
JYP: " hello girls."
Everyone: *bowing* "hello"
JYP: "I really liked your individual performances today. I would like to give you guys a few weeks to prepare a group performance... Keep in mind that you guys have to keep everything in consideration, every little detail will be observed. Please prepare well. Good luck!"