Chapter 20: Shadow

"The eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say"

-minhee pov

"Please stop calling me," I yelled; frustrated

"Please stop calling me," I yelled; frustrated. But I only heard a creepy chuckle on the other line.

For the past few days, this weird dude had been calling me and texting me things like "I know where you are." at first I brushed it off thinking it was some sick prank.

After attending supernova's first concert, I had to come back to Korea. After finishing the practice for the day all my members had to go. I stayed to practice more.

~Around 7 pm...

It was pretty cold outside since it was November, I rubbed my palms together and placed them on my tinted cheeks, trying to stay warm

It was pretty cold outside since it was November, I rubbed my palms together and placed them on my tinted cheeks, trying to stay warm. I flinched when I heard loud footsteps approaching me from behind. I tried to ignore it and stride faster. I thought I succeeded until a dark pair of arms wrapped around my figure. It all happened all too quickly. The next thing I knew, I was slammed into the nearby wall. I tried screaming. Tried getting out of his grip but nothing seemed to work. "remember me?" he asked me. This fucking psychopath. Tears started gushing down my cheeks and I felt helpless. Out of reflex, I bit his hands.

I bit him as hard as I could and smacked his crotch. Finally, making a run for it. I ran as fast as I could. Trying to shout out for help but only muffled sounds came out.

Fortunately, the friendly security guard spotted me.

"Hey, you okay kid?" he shouted getting out of his cubicle.

"p-please help me. Help."

-Sungwoo's pov

"Yeah, it's only been a few days and they caught the guy. But she's still not herself."

I spoke to Hanna on the phone.

"look, I don't want you to worry about this okay? You have a lot going on too, fats. The last thing you need is to overthink this. Jaehwan and I will handle minhee..i- I have to go. Someone's at the door. Take care of yourself. Yes. Love you too."

I sprinted towards the door and opened it.

"Sungkyung, what are you doing here?" I asked her surprised

"Hello to you too." she scoffed smiling at me.

"haha sorry I um I just didnt expect you to come. " I confessed.

"I got some free time on my hands and I wanted to see you~ aren't I sweet. " she smirked at me.

"mm, the sweetest."

"ew, get a room." I heard minhee mutter behind us.

"hi i- 'm your brother's...friend?" she extended her hands to minhee.

"Are you asking me or telling me." she sighed while waving at sungkyung.

"anyways, you two can continue with whatever that was. I'll just eat my breakfast and go to practice."

"wait, minhee are you sure you're ready for that?" I asked her hesitatingly.

"yeah, I cant just stay in my room all the time. It's depressing," she mumbled leaving with her cereal bowl.

-author's pov

~a few hours after...

sungwoo dropped minhee off at the building as he went off to work. He tried to persuade minhee to talk about what had happened, all to no avail. Minhee was not the reserved type. So, it was understandable that everyone around her was worried about this behavior change.

=at the practice=

She thought she was having a seizure

She thought she was having a seizure. she started to cry. Feeling like she had lost all control of her body and for some reason, she was embarrassed to ask for help.