Chapter 10: FINALLY!!!

"The harder you work for something the greater you'll feel when you achieve it."

~2017...

-Yura pov

When I was 13, my dad passed away unexpectedly leaving me, the oldest of two to take care of my family financially. Despite my mother's continuous pleas, I got myself several jobs to make ends meet. However, in the end, it just wasn't enough. So, as soon as I turned 15 my mother made arrangements for me to move in with my aunt's friend who was willing to pay for someone to work around her house, and that's how I ended up in Korea. My mother and sister in the meanwhile stayed with my grandparents. Whatever we got from me working here was just enough for my family, leaving a little for myself. My happiness was insignificant to me in those days. On top of all that, I was constantly being bullied at school as well. Nothing seemed to be going right for me. Music helped me cope with everything. Few more months went by like this. Eventually, I stopped feeling sorry for myself and decided to audition. When I got the call about being selected by JYP I was pretty shaken up and astounded. 'maybe it's a prank' I thought. I was literally on top of the world when I realized that it wasn't a prank. For me, this was the happiest moment of my life till now. I cannot remember a time I felt this content with my life.
Needless to say, my life got so much more endurable when I became a trainee. It wasn't easy but for once in my life, I had something to be passionate about. be that as it may, one of the best blessings I ever received was through the friends I made. My members. They might have not known me when I was at my lowest, but they sure make me want to be the best version of myself. When I envisioned living with other girls, I expected a lot of baseless arguments. To my surprise, this was not the case at all. This is probably on account of us having this understanding.
So, when disagreements occur, we calmly talk things out instead of lashing out at one another. The only big argument we had was actually with sohee.... let's not rehash that again.

~Present time...

=  training/practice room=

We were doing our daily practice when all of us got informed by a very happy looking manager that we were going to debut soon.... hearing that out of the blue was pretty overwhelming for all of us. We were all pretty emotional at that moment, holding back the tears of joy.
A part of us did not want to get our hopes up though. Twice debuted not long ago, in consequence, no one expected JYP to announce another girl group debut so soon. We were sure to expect the backlash from some fans. And oh boy... we weren't wrong.

the headline read, "jyp entertainment reportedly preparing to debut a new girl group."

Jinae: "guys, we couldn't let these simple-minded people make us any less excited about this

Jinae: "guys, we couldn't let these simple-minded people make us any less excited about this. We trained for this. We worked our asses off for this. We can't feel so discouraged now."
Me: "yes guys we should work even harder for our debut stage."
*jinae and I smiled at the girls nodding our heads. *
The following days were definitely stressful, to say the least. Saying that we didn't have time would be an understatement. On days like this, I really appreciate having these 4 girls with me. By my side. We were in this together no doubt.
In April, our teasers were released in the order of our supposed fan chant. (park jinae- Kim Yura- Choi minjee- park Hanna- Kim seoyun). Unexpectedly, Our teasers received a lot of love from k-netizens.
Our debut song is called "be yourself!" It was released on 5th May 2017.
When the day finally came, we were all pretty overwhelmed by the support we got. Everyone pointed out how our concept is very different from that of the most recent girl group, twice. It is pretty nerve-wracking, to be honest. Right after our song was released we heard #supernova, #jypnewgg... were on trending for Naver and Twitter. Apart from that dispatch changed their profile picture and cheered us on. Our showcase was eagerly anticipated by the media. We felt pretty exhilarated and tense at the same time.
When we got on stage it was like the time flew, we definitely had the time of our lives in those 3 minutes 50 seconds. However, being the perfectionists we are, we left the stage thinking we could've done better.
To our surprise, the news media adored us and the performance was very well received. After the showcase was done, we were all pretty sensitive and worked up. As soon as we entered our waiting room, jin ae started crying, I saw the Maknae's in tears as well. Minjee and I were definitely tearing up at the sight.
What we didn't know was that one of the staff was filming us. She later posted the video on our YouTube channel with the caption "Finally!"

 She later posted the video on our YouTube channel with the caption "Finally!"

When I saw the text I realized how far I've come. How much I endured and it was all for this moment. We 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 made it.