Chapter 24: You really got a hold on me

"there's a first time for everything"

-Hannah's pov

~time skip...

=Busan=

"babe you don't have to. If you don't want to, if you're not ready we can always-"

"no, koo. Yeah, it's early but, you were so happy when Jimin suggested it in the car this morning. And I really wanna meet them." jungkook smiled at me shaking his head.

it's settled, I would be meeting jungkook's parents for the first time.

"come here

"come here." he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer making us fall on the bed together sending us in a fit of laughter.

~after a few hours...

"I'm nervous."

"Don't be. they'll love you."

I took a deep breath and held jungkook's hand as he rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, jungkook's dad opened the door smiling widely. "ah, come in."

"is it my baby?" we heard jungkook's mom yell from what it seems to be from the kitchen. She quickly came to jungkook; held his cheeks before pulling him into a hug. I couldn't help but awe at the sight.

"oh my, you must be Hanna, jungkook-ah you didn't tell me she was this beautiful."

my face heated up at the compliment. I quickly bowed at her. "hello, I'm Hanna." I put my hands out in an attempt to shake hers. She dismissed my hand giving me warm hug instead. "I know sweetheart~"

"of course, You're all gukk talks about lately." jungkook's brother came down the stairs smirking.

"Hyung!" jungkook exclaimed.

"I missed you, little bro."

we sat down for a bit and chatted. This wasn't bad at all. jungkook's family made me feel so at home. Jungkook looked at me proudly before beaming. "baby I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"mom and I are gonna set the table real quick, you kids should catch up." jungkooks dad said as he got up.

"oh, can I help?" I insisted on shyly.

"No, darling. You are our guest." he giggled.

"I'll use the toilet real quick." I nodded at jungkook who pecked my lips quickly.

"so, you and the golden boy huh?" his brother said wiggling his brows.

I giggled looking down shyly.

"you know, you're the first girl he ever talked about to our parents? he's good at pretending to be fine when he's not. But I was always able to see through the BS. And right now, he's genuinely happy. I can tell."

my eyes softened at his declaration.

"I...I really like him. gukk's really amazing. He makes me happy too."

"I'm glad~I see why Koo's crazy about you. oh, you wanna see his baby pictures?" he grinned. 

"he's so cute

"he's so cute." I squealed.

"who?" jungkook interrupted looking into my eyes.

He gasped. "Hyung! Why are you showing her my baby pictures!?"

"what are you embarrassed about, son?" jungkook's dad asked grinning.

"yeah, my baby was adorable!" jungkook's mom squealed.

"mm, that you are," I whispered to a pouting jungkook.

During the dinner, I sat next to jungkook. Jungkook held onto my thigh or hand from time to time making sure I was comfortable. The meal went really well and we were cracking up jokes and telling stories to each other as we ate away. Now I know where jungkook gets his humor from. I chuckled at the thought.

"thank you so much for having me. I had a great time. jungkook's right, your cooking's amazing." I told jungkook's mom as I helped her with the dishes. I had to insist on helping her out.

"sweety." I looked at her.

"what is it?" I asked her curiously.

"thank you, for taking care of my gukk." she pulled me in for another hug only this time I could tell she was getting emotional.

"We don't get to see much of him...it means the world to me that he's happy like this." she continued.

"so thank you, love." I felt so soft. I hugged her tightly.

-jungkook's pov

I sat with dad as my brother had to go out and Hanna was helping mom out.

"she's a keeper, son."

I couldn't keep in my smiles. "yeah she is."

"so umm I don't have to give you the talk right?"

"wh-....dad! No." my smile dropped as I looked down embarrassed.

"Sorry, son I had to ask." he chuckled brushing the back of his neck. "look, I know it's very early but she's a rare gem for sure....your mom and I really like her, son. You should keep her. she's good for you."

"you've only met her a few hours ago and you and mom think she's the right one for me," I said as more of a statement for myself.

"Thanks, dad."

the whole day went perfectly and we even made plans to hang out with Jimin and Jung-Hyun the next day.