Chapter 4: Welcome to the JYP family

"The hardships that I have encountered in the past will help me succeed in the future."

-Jinae's pov

~2010...

I auditioned for the big hit label alongside my brother. We both made it but due to a scandal, all the female trainees were forced out of the company. It was definitely a moment of panic since apart from being a trainee, I had no idea who the hell I was. Fortunately, Bang PD nim believed I had enough potential to become an idol. So, He referred me to JYP entertainment. A few days later I got a call to come audition for the company. The first round of the audition was pretty easy to pass, they just checked my background info, skills, etc. Then, they asked me to perform a song of my choice. I sang wonder girls- nobody and danced to the party anthem.
Despite feeling confident when I entered the audition room, I left feeling unworthy. Being from a family filled with perfectionists will do that to you. After a few months, I found out that I received a text from the company welcoming me. Hanna was the very first person I wanted to call. But when she finally picked up, I could hear slight whimpers as she spoke "heyyy j" she said lovingly with the nickname she has given me when we were kids. I could tell right away that something was up with her and she was not okay.
"...Hanna w-what's wrong?" I asked her, now worried. That night she told me about hearing her parents argue constantly and she was scared that they were gonna get separated. She sounded so sad and heartbroken. We stayed up talking that whole night. Once she was all cheered up I told her about my news and she was beaming with joy. "J! that's amazing. Why don't you sound excited though? Please tell me you're jumping around silently in your room or something."
I chuckled sadly. "I am happy, I just wish you were here too"

~ 2015...

Since Hanna and Minhee came back I wanted to spend one day with them before I return to my chaotic trainee life.
Hanna: "so, what have you planned for us to do today?" *excitedly.*
Me: " we can get facials and eat bingsu."
Hanna: "I would LOVE that"
Me: " hahaha someone drank a little too much coffee this morning"
Minhee: " Yepp she was up all night playing games with jungkook". *smirking*
Me: " oh is that right? They did look sooooo cute together " * I played along teasing Hanna*
Minhee: " aw she's bluushingg"
Hanna: " what are you two talking about... Jae was there too!"
Me: "so what would happen if Jae WASNT there?" *smirking*
Hanna: "hahaha you guys are crazy we should really get going"
Me: "aha okay let's get going then, but we need to make a quick stop at the building"
Minhee: "you mean THE JYP BUILDING? Are got7 gonna be hanging around the building"*fangirl mode on *
Hanna and I exchanged looks and laughed our asses off at Minhee's cute behavior.

 Jae was there too!"Me: "so what would happen if Jae WASNT there?" *smirking*Hanna: "hahaha you guys are crazy we should really get going"Me: "aha okay let's get going then, but we need to make a quick stop at the building"Minhee: "you mean THE JY...

=At the building=

I was showing them around when I saw one of the casting directors approaching us.
??: "hello. Are you all trainees?"
Me: "Hello. I'm a trainee. they're just here to visit." she looked right at Hanna and Minhee back and forth observantly and finally smiles.
??: " then, you two young ladies should consider taking part in the upcoming audition"
Hanna and Minhee both smiled and awkwardly, accepting the card the lady was offering.
After that lady left I whispered smiling widely. "oh my god what just happened!!!?"
-after we hung out that day, it was clear that Minhee was determined to go for it while Hanna was being a little indecisive. So, I asked Hanna to stay behind to urge her to take up this opportunity.
Me: "c'mon dude just please consider it at least."
Hanna: "I honestly don't know j......ugh fine I'll think about it"
*she hesitantly answered after I gave her a little push*
Me: "yes. Look, I know you're gonna start uni soon but composing is also a part of this field so it's not like this will be a distraction. Girl, you love music, you've loved it since we were little!... we even went to the ballet with Jimin back in the days. And I've never seen you shine as bright as when you were performing. Maybe this is what you've been missing" I sighed heavily after my speech.
Hanna: " ...you're right. but.....I'm just not sure if I can do it. Oh god ! even thinking about it is making my palm sweat"
Me: "most people do. But it's normal. You just need to find a good way to deal with it and besides, I wouldn't be pushing you like this if I didn't think you could do it." * I winked*
Hanna: "okay I wanna give this thing a try. But, I need to tell woo and Jae about it first though. I need to know what they think."
*she said nervously*

Later that night Hanna texted me after talking to sungwoo and jaehwan. She told me they needed a little bit of convincing but eventually gave in. Phew, I'm so glad they did.

~ a few hours away from the audition...

Being a trainee is frustrating as it is but I couldn't help but feel intrigued by Hanna's call about how the audition went. After a few hours, I heard my phone ring.
Hanna: "duuuuude I feel amazing."
Me: "hahaha yes so I'm guessing it went well"
Hanna: " yeah when I entered that room I suddenly felt so confident. oh and Minhee killed it by the way" *giggled*
Me: "that's amazing! I'm so proud of you two."
Hanna: " man I just had to perform in front of a few people only but I still can't come back from the high I got from it. I thought I wanted to work as a composer, I was so sure about it. But now, I realized how much I missed performing. Thank you for encouraging me to do this."
*excitedly*
Me: "I'm always right baby" *playfully*
......

=outside the JYP building=

Hanna was right. That confidence she had that day got her offers from THE "big3 companies". the choice wasn't a hard one for her though, as she already had her heart set on being in JYP. That kid Minhee made it too. I saw them approaching me while I was caught up in my thoughts. I gave them my biggest smile and said " welcome to the JYP family, ladies!"

 I gave them my biggest smile and said " welcome to the JYP family, ladies!"