Chapter 13: Graduation

"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀"

-Minhee POV

November 2017, it was a beautiful sunny day. I got ready for my sister's college graduation.
"Minhee, hurry up, we're going be late!" I heard jaehwan yell.
"coming!" I rushed outside. As we were in the car, I broke the silence. "guys, mom isn't gonna make it, Taewoo is sick."
Sungwoo: "does Hanna know?"
Me: "yeah she does."
I feel bad knowing mom was excited and looking forward to this. But Taewoo getting sick was inevitable. We arrived at the Seoul national university. It was pretty packed up. I saw my stepmom and dad waving at us.
I rolled my eyes as girls were drooling over my brothers. Ignoring the loud squeals, I greeted my dad and stepmom.
"We should get going. " Sungwoo stated.
"isn't your mom coming?" my stepmother asks.
"yeah, my baby brother's sick. " I replied.
I heard her snicker making me annoyed.
It would mean a lot to Hanna if mom could make it, no doubt. But these things happen and if Hanna is being understanding, who does she think she is to act this way. I sighed deeply in an attempt to keep my chill. 'I can't go off on her, not today.' I thought.
After months of hiding it, the news of my sister's enrollment came out on the day of her graduation. Amazingly, we were able to keep it a secret for this long. I couldn't help but smile when I saw my sister. I waved while smiling brightly at her. she has come such a long way.
Supernova members came to show support for her as well. they insisted I sit with them for the ceremony. "the graduates of 2017, congratulations." The dean announced before presenting the names of students. All of us cheered on for Hanna as her name got called out.
After the ceremony was done, I dashed to my sister's side. "I'm so proud of you~ let's go take pictures." When everyone was done congratulating her; we went off to take pictures.

" When everyone was done congratulating her; we went off to take pictures

Me: "Hey, can I talk to you alone for a bit."

Hanna: "sure."

Me: "you know mom really wanted to be here right? she's so proud of you I hope you know that."
Hanna: "I do but isn't that mom?!"
She pointed her finger behind me with a stunned expression.
Mom: "you didn't think I would miss this did you?"
Sungwoo: "surprise fatty."
Hanna: "I'm so happy you made it. how is Taewoo?" she hugged mom tightly.
Mom: "he's a bit better now."
Hanna: "thanks for coming mommy~"
Mom: "I wouldn't miss it for the world."
I'm so delighted the day went well. All of us went for lunch and everyone seemed to be having a blast.
the news of her graduation blew up on Twitter and other social media apps almost immediately.