Chapter 32 ~ Weighing on the mind, bumping into old pals

After the aftermath of what Yuki-senpai brought upon me and Kazuki I had found out she returned moments after I left for the market, it would be nice to settle the earliest discussion with a surprise meal of her favourite Hiyashi chuka.

Despite having a strained relationship with both Kazuki and Yuki-senpai I can't help to discredit all the help they have given each other especially seeing as now they are engaged to each other. Annoying as it maybe I just have to learn to live with them both in my fucking toxic life especially since the toxic trait to keep those that hurt me around stems further into my blood.

Since this morning I can't but help think about her. Mom has always been cruel she calls it her way to show kindness to us seeing as she learnt not to love anyone other than herself and Dad got the worst end of the stick.

It's been more than a decade now and I still think about her and how she's wormed her way back into my heart, with more pressing issues at hand of the weight of Chisaki and Kita makes me just want to hurl myself off the edge of a cliff.

Reaching out towards the red packet of noodles when suddenly a much larger hand graces my own, jolting out of my trance looking up seeing those familiar golden brown eyes. How crisp and clear can they be swallowed against his black and white hair.

"Here." Kita hands me a grape ramune flavoured drink popping the ball into the drink before swigging it back. Small entrails of sweat trickle down his nape into the forbidden folds of his white shirt.

We take shelter underneath a flowering tree with our shopping bags either side of us taking in the hot summers heat while having a refreshing beverage at our breast.

"L/n-san-"

"Kita-san you're the type to hold it in when you feel like you aren't in the running," Kita holds my gaze leaning forwards into his knee resting his head there, a warm smile holds place. "Just like you did with volleyball you only recently started playing matches because of your dependable foundation you secured over the many years. Is that how you're going about it now?" Not breaking that gaze me and Kita come to the understanding that I'm not referring to volleyball.

He sighs.

"What would you like me to do about it?"

"Do what you want boys obviously think everything is a game when it comes to something that they desire." Blatantly saying that while swishing the now empty bottle loosely in my hand as the patterned leaf shades like marks on my skin.

Light chuckles come from the boy next to me if he wasn't always a robot I would have mistook it for a short circuit but seeing him now giving me such a flirtatious stare and knowing eyes I know I just did something. A switch maybe or more like a pass to go ahead with what he wants to do.

"There's a festival happening this Saturday, meet me there." Finding the irony in that I can't help but chuckle myself.

"Chivalry must have left you Kita-san, what happened to the boy who treats his girl like a queen?" Tilting my head completely unaware of the outside world.

This is amusing.

"Even Prince Charming didn't give up when he found Cinderella leaving all those nights, not that I'm saying I'm a prince but there's more than Chivalry to a girls heart." I watch as he stands to his feet taking his bags with him.

"You should take the compliment Kita-san, you deserve it more than anyone." He leaves satisfied all the restraints to his heart dissipated and what am I left with.

I should have vanquished his feelings when I had the chance but it's not like I'm not going to enjoy his musings for me it's just that now I've got more added to my plate.

~*~

Kita stans drink the thirst trap

Things are about to get lit 😝✌