Chapter 55 ~ Psychological warfare

The squanders of yesterday's outburst has somehow boomeranged back to bite me in the arse, of course why didn't I see this coming. The snake snickering in her nest, rattles everyone around her to do her bidding yet I was so caught up with how to destroy her that I didn't even think that something like this would come to pass. Everyone in the halls sneers as if I'm the Bubonic plague and the rats of her labour scrounge for crumbs by my feet.

I always regarded myself for being smart, for being quicker on my feet than most people and being able to see the entire situation with the bigger picture in mind but this... ah this paints me the fool. But at least the kings and queens got something right whilst the jester was able to snide and nit-pick at their master's feet. They are the only ones that speak the truth around them in a room filled with wolves in sheep's clothing and snakes hissing and coiling around their prey. I may be the fool for now but not all cards are present on the table as the chorus to the next note takes flight.

"...what a bitch, I bet she thinks she better than everyone..."

"...I always hated her..."

"...what right does she have to say that about us?"

Walking past the sheep that would rather gossip about the little snippet that grips their lives upon a string rather than knowing the full story, they let their tattling lips spin the webs that she oh so needs to be spun. Mills-sensei is a frightening force to be reckoned with especially when all the heavy lifting is done by her unknown followers. But she underestimates my power in this little cat and mouse game that we play because two can play that game and whilst my friends are out of action doesn't necessarily mean that I'm out of pawns.

No, not a pawn but a knight that will strike the queen indirectly causing her pain and a little bit more time on my side to conjure up the necessary means to an end. Her end and surely all those that oppose me in my crusade to finally conquer this bitch once and for all. And I know just the person.

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

"Hey, the teacher will hear-"

"Eh, a second year, I wonder what she has-"

"Hey, didn't you hear that's the girl that spoke badly about her peers."

I've always wondered if people were just ignorant or obnoxiously loud on purpose because no matter how quiet they whisper behind their palms nor shade away from the very victim in this situation will their words be masked by their malicious intentions. Once it's spoken out loud things such as words can never be taken back as when a nail is hammered into a fence, you can remove the nail but a gaping hole will always remain. The same equates to here as I walk down the first-year hallway gathering just as much attention as I did the previous day.

I was once used to being glared at, looked the wrong way, people whispering behind my back but now I see the fault in my ways. I've become soft over the years, capable of being hurt and whilst the mask of confidence flicks away the miniscule threats that oppose me. Those capable of ruining my life remain and now I suppose I've reopened Pandora's box and delved deeply into what I used to be.

Rabid, is who I used to be, a once scared mongrel wanting validation and power for others to see my potential but now, I no longer care for what others foresee me as. Their wicked perception of me is already out of tune with who I really stand for, myself and those around me that have sat in the chairs offered to them. I don't need a lot of people to depend on and I guess that's why I always disliked the volleyball team, too many people to care for and too many trying desperately to find their place amongst the chairs.