Chapter 51 ~ Life or Death

The LED digits on the blue screen shone green as the press start the vending machine ran, cog turning and mechanism making the spiral on the black can coffee twirl before as it teeters to the edge it sticks. A large hand slams against the plastic screen jiggling the insides, bingo the can slips as well as a packet of pocky.

Chisaki huffs in astonishment as he takes his winnings bidding the vending machine farewell as he continues down the miserable hallway. It's been a day since your accident, 19 hours since you've been in surgery, 9 since you've been awake an well... 24 hours since you've said anything remotely useful. He had heard it all, the moment of impact, the after and now here he had relieved Suna of his duty when the poor boy was still in his bloody soaked clothes.

It grits his teeth knowing he couldn't physically be there with you when it happened but at least there's comfort in knowing whatever you were going to tell him, he was the first choice. Heart settled on that rounding a corner he finds, Kazuki, Yuki and your father waiting outside, Kazuki crying into Yuki's shoulder. The situation becoming evidently clear as he spots two officers inside your room dealing with a very much hysterical you.

It's not a pretty sight to see the woman you love tied up in wires and when you were first admitted your breathing was shallow and they had to bag you when you began dropping in oxygen. It was one scary night that no one was expecting, Kazuki was out with Yuki at the time looking at venues for the wedding whilst your father was at the construction site. Chisaki had called them knowing Suna wouldn't have any idea, swallowing dryly, he walks up finding a barren waste of a man, he's retreated into himself.

"Any updates?" His chance at positivity shut down at the distraught look Kazuki gave him.

"She's...she's awake but nothing she's coming out with make's any sense. The police are doing the best they can do but with the state of things they'll most likely write it off as an accident." Furrowing his brows, with clenched fit enough to squeeze his measly tin can.

The bastards, you, someone who has reputable reputation with helping people, yes you have a grey slate once upon a time but now you're different. And yet the police can't look past a simple little thing like this, then the door opened to two police officers grumbling about something, they stop to assess Chisaki.

"So, she's become a little hysterical making questioning difficult, we'll return when she has a clearer mind, in the meantime I suggest she get her rest." One cop says while the other narrows his eyes at Chisaki.

"So, you're saying that my daughter is making things up?!" Of course your father would take the bait in fighting back, Kazuki works to calm him down but Chisaki moves past them all to sit with you.

It must have been her, Asami Mills, the fucking bitch. Fluffing up the stiff pillows supporting my back after that hell of a questioning. I know that look, the look of when someone cries wolf, they didn't believe me for a second no one did. Even Yuki looked at me with those fucking damn eyes, I'm not dead, I'm out crazy, well yet. That bitch tried to kill me, ran me over and too cowardly to finish off the job.

Huffing, clenching my fingers in the shit sterile sheeting I hear the door open looking up a warming feeling blossoming inside my chest. Chisaki, he's here, it's not that I doubted him but I don't know how much he knows or heard of that. It was a pretty nasty turn of events since the crash and everything he must have saw, he's brave to see me now.

Now that one of my legs is suspended in the air after a long knee operation, my femur dislocated from my hip, a couple of ribs broken and my right arm in a sling as well as a broken wrist. Not bad after being hit by a car, the said I was lucky to not have major head trauma or a bleed in the brain, I'm just happy to be alive.

"You trying to make me shit." I joke seeing the black coffee in hand, he snorts but the humour doesn't settle in, he sets it aside before taking to the seat besides me.

"No...no," Shaking his head hunching over his hanging knotted fingers, before looking up noticing the red rims around his eyes, he's been crying.

"I knew you wouldn't die, it was just...scary seeing you like that and-and not ring there with you." Biting his knuckle as he silently releases the frustrations pent up over the last 24 hours, I don't know what to say that he was annoyed that Suna was with me or that I'm hurt.

Taking the pinch of irony as something to smile about, here I am practically on deaths door finding joy from my best friends pain all because he's jealous over some volleyball player. Breaking out into fits of smiles the wheeze of my lungs paining me remembering that I have broken ribs.

"Are you actually laughing at me right now?" Chisaki either feigns pain or seeing how he is in pain, but my wheezes just won't stop.

"No, of course not." Looking away licking my lips trying to hide a smile. "No one would find it funny that you're jealous over Suna, of course not." He slaps my bed making it rattle, gasping seeing how his hand is that much far away from my healing leg.

"I hate you."

"You love me really." Smiling back head hitting the pillow a little high on the painkillers as I feel very loose right now.

Blushing like a madman, and I can say he does look cute, a bad boy getting all mushy over being outed by his crush.

Hah, maybe I am considering it. We stay there in comfortable silence just staring into each other's eyes, I don't know when but he moves closer until his farce rather his lips are edging to meet mine and then the thought came.

"I need to tell you something."

~*~
Some Chisaki x reader for the many fans of this book that love him and I oop- did I see that right? It's the teacher?!