(lvi) the solution

"are you ready to take me to see the hokage now?", he asked

y/n's mind spiralled hard as she scanned the village for chakra. kakashi and ika were both still in the hokage's building. if he set off the bombs-

"i shouldn't have left them"

"y/n sensei?", hinata looked at the anger rising in her eyes before running to the hokage's building

"take me to him or he dies", the man said, "uchiha y/n"

y/n looked at the ground, speaking through gritted teeth.

"so you knew who i was?", she asked

"i have to know whose happiness i'm ruining right?", he gave a sinister chuckle.

"you underestimate me", she smiled suddenly, "tch, the audacity"

he looked at her in utter confusion.

"her fiancé and child are both in danger and she's not even affected?! why?"

"lightning style: pure lightning kunai!", he yelled, sending forth four kunai in an attempt to perturb her

"fire style: fireball", she said, drawing hand signs

no one was around when this occurred because most people were preparing for the wedding in some way or another. everyone presumed that the bride must be somewhere getting ready for the happiest day of her life but that, obviously, was not the case.

rather impatiently, y/n held out her hand, forming a ball of her chakra in it.

he came forward with another lightning style attack which y/n countered.

"rasengan", she whispered, and he fell back a
few feet away on the ground.

she was tempted to use tsukuyomi on him then and there when she noticed one of his shoulders bear a black ops mark. abruptly, she stopped attacking.

"wait what"

"it seems you've realised", he said, following her gaze

"you're from the hidden stone", she stated, "rogue, i presume?"

"i used to be in the ANBU for my village", he said, "and-"

"and?"

"the five kage", he said in exasperation, "they basically sent tens of thousands of shinobi to their death."

"and by setting off these explosions, are you any different, killing thousands of people?", she questioned

"i have nothing to lose anyway.", he said, staring blankly at nothing and no one, "everyone is gone"

"so you don't care that all the deaths you cause in the future will be on your conscience?"

"i do not", he said, looking her dead in the eye, "the five kage will get what's coming to them and i will make sure of it."

"then why haven't you set off the bombs yet?", she questioned

he opened his mouth to say something but didn't.

"it's thanks to all the shinobi that lost their lives that the shinobi world is intact today. everyone is grateful-"

"being grateful won't bring them back!", he yelled, "what's the point... of being grateful"

y/n hated how heavily she related to his statement.

"you know", she slowly and hesitantly began, "both my best friends.. died for the sake of this village."