Chapter 2: The Seven Brothers

Lucifer handed Ivy her D.D.D. "Sounds like you had a nice chat."

Ivy hummed. Despite her and Mammon being close, she wanted a more stable guide. Virgo was proud of this and Ivy turned her head towards Lucifer. "I would've preferred you, Lucifer."

'Because he's an idiot and a troublemaker, eh Cosmos?'
'Shut your mouth Capricorn.'
'Just saying.'

Lucifer chuckled. "You look even more worried now, huh."

Diavolo gave Ivy a pitying look. "Well, if you were suddenly brought to a strange place and then get told that an unfamiliar face will now take care of you, you'd certainly feel anxious. However, Mammon isn't the only one to help you out. Now then... we still need to introduce our new friend to your brothers, Lucifer. And it's probably better that you do that instead of me, wouldn't you say?"

"Yes... As much as I dread the idea of doing so, you're right."

Ivy turned to a hazel haired male as he looked ready to speak. "Oh, come now. Really? You should be honored that you get to introduce such a sweet and charming little brother like me!"

'Why do I feel tingles along my spine?' Ivy thought, worry fluttering in her mind.

The signs were all ready to protect Ivy. They knew all about this man. Lucifer rolled his eyes. "This one here is Asmodeus. He's the fifth eldest. He is the Avatar of Lust."

Libra was about leap out and stand guard. Asmodeus seemed offended. "Wh... I can't believe you just totally ignored what I said! And not only that, you referred to me as this one. How rude!"

A blond male with green eyes sighed. "Hmph. At least he didn't ignore you altogether. How do you think I feel?"

Lucifer focused on him. "That one there is Satan, the fourth eldest of us. At first glance, he may seem like a responsible demon with a good head on his shoulders, but looks can be deceiving."

"Aha, so I'm that one, am I? Nice to meet you, Ivy. I am Satan, the Avatar of Wrath."

Ivy nodded to him. "Honored. You said you were the Avatar of Wrath?"

Lucifer took over. "It basically sums up what he's about. He may flash you a pretty smile like that, but you had better be careful because it is all an act."

Ivy blinked. Satan flashed the eldest brother a smile. "If you continue saying such nonsense, you'll just scare Ivy. Don't take him too seriously, Ivy. Lucifer enjoys speaking ill of his brothers. He is the Avatar of Pride, after all."

Ivy shivered at the amount of energy he had been building up. Lucifer sighed. "Are you done? Now, the one there with the very grumpy look on his face is Beelzebub. He's the sixth oldest."

Beelzebub seemed frustrated. "Lucifer, I'm hungry."

"That's too bad. Now behave yourself."

"I'm Beelzebub, the Avatar of Gluttony."

"So... There are seven of us brothers in all, and I am the eldest. Mammon, the second oldest of us, will be here soon. My other brothers aren't here at the moment, but... well, we can get to them later. All in good time."

Diavolo flashed an encouraging smile to Ivy. "During your stay in the Devildom, the seven brothers will lend you their strength. To keep you safe, you are to stay with them at the House of Lamentation."

Ivy tilted her head. "The House of Lamentation?"

Lucifer nodded. "Yes, it's where I live with my brothers. It is a rather spacious house, and it was originally a cursed house in the human world. So, I assume it won't a problem for you--a human-- to live there. Although we will all be living together, you should still have the means to reach us at any given time. All of our phone numbers are already in there. And your D.D.D. also has a messaging app. Make sure to add all of us."

Diavolo pulled out his D.D.D. "I'll go ahead and send you a message!"

Satan smiled at Ivy. "Isn't that nice, Ivy. Now you will be friends with the future king of the Devildom!"

Ivy then learned how to chat and was loving the stickers. But, a churn in her gut reminded her that she was very, very far from home.

At least Mammon would be arriving soon.