Chapter 51: The Falling-Out

Avalon and Maria walked with Lucifer and Ivy to the library. Lucifer piped up. "So, this is what it comes down to, then... If we hope to get everyone who disappeared back, we have to finish this ridiculous game. And to do that, you have to defeat me, since I'm the final boss. Either that, or we have to fall in love with each other. Though it should technically be possible for you to defeat me, I can't say with confidence that I won't retaliate by reflex. And if I caused you or your siblings death because of something like that, I'd never be able to face Diavolo again..."

True. Diavolo possibly wouldn't forgive him and neither would her parents. Avalon and Maria eyed the two curiously. Lucifer continued speaking. "So, it would seem that our only option is to fall in love with each other. ... Honestly, why does he always have to go and buy such strange games?"

Ivy called one of her Zodiacs to get Avalon and Maria to safety. Then she turned to Lucifer. "What are we supposed to do to fall in love in this game?"

"I looked at every website imaginable for answers, but... this game has only just been released. So apparently, there still aren't any strategies anywhere on how to achieve that ending. Listen, Ivy. I was thinking... what if we simply leave things as they are? That wouldn't be so bad, right? If we decided to give up now, then it would only mean that the others wouldn't return to us, right? I mean, do we really need those guys anyway?"

An irk mark appeared on Ivy's temple. She swallowed it down, however. Maybe she would try to convince him later. For now, silence sounded amazing. "Nah... we don't."

"I assume you're joking. ... But you know it would make Mammon cry if he heard that, right?"

"I've finally achieved silence. Don't ruin it for me. But I do want out, obviously."

"Guess we don't have a choice. So, why don't we try starting with the fundamentals of love and then go from there. If you want to develop feelings for someone, you both need to start by getting to know each other. Isn't that right?"

Ivy nodded. Lucifer hummed. "So, I'll ask you some questions. And you should answer honestly. Understood?"

Ivy nodded again. "Understood."

"How do you really feel about what's going on right now?"

"I think it's fun."

"I see. Yes, if we relax and try to enjoy this, it might actually make things easier. All right, next question. Which one of us brothers are you interested in?"

"That's a pretty hard choice. You all have unique qualities that interest me. But I guess I'll say, for the sake of the game, you, Lucifer."

"Well then, that's very... convenient. Now, this time, you get to ask me a question. You may never get another chance to do this, you know. So make sure you choose your question carefully."

AN: I'll go back through and see what happens if you choose the other brothers. Ivy only chose Lucifer for the sake of the game. I feel like she'd actually be interested in Mammon since they've known each other the longest.

"What's your type?"

"My type? Hmm, good question... Someone pure, genuine, and worthy of respect. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but demons are most attracted to the souls of people like that. Oh wait. You asked what type of person I liked, not what type of soul..."

Ivy sighed. This would take a while.

...

Lucifer hummed. "Anything else you'd like to ask?"

Ivy narrowed her only seeing eye at him. "What do you think of humans, truly?"

"What do I think of humans? Oh no. I don't think that's what you really want to ask. What you really mean is, "What do you think of me," right? What do I think of you? Good question... Well, you're an exchange student from the human world."