21 Tell Me Where The Freaks At

Got that freak flow, freak show

Welcome to the circus

Let the leaders lead, preachers preach

Welcome to the service

Saki was leaning closer to Chie, so she could whisper into her ear without anyone hearing. No one could hear this. No one. They were all in dire straits right now and no secrets could be spilled right now.

"How bad is it?" Saki wanted to know. She wasn't even sure what she was referring to when she said 'it'. It was just it. She also wasn't really quite sure what the scale for 'bad' was right now.

It had all started when they had only been at their lockers after breakfast. People were looking at Saki, chuckling and whispering to each other. Saki wasn't too worried about it at first, but... well, the thing was that over the day it became more and more noticeable. Something was up.

"Well, the whole thing was in pretty much any paper and on the front page of the local papers. Literally everyone knows about your dodgy deal and the whole cop operation gone wrong. They don't necessarily know that it's you, but everyone knows that you guys are selling on campus, so... it's fairly easy to piece it together." Chie summarized everything for Saki.

"Fuck, that's literally so bad. Aizawa will kill me when he finds out I lied to him." she mumbled.

"Bullshit." Chie replied, rolling her eyes and linking her arm with Saki's, as they made their way to the next classroom. Well, to Saki's next classroom. Chie had taken to escorting her lately.

"Why bullshit? I did lie to him."

"No, you didn't."

"How did I not lie to him?"

"You only said that we were hanging out all night. Which was true. And that you didn't know anything. Which is mostly true, as well. Wasn't the whole point of not being told anything that... you know, you didn't have to lie?" Chie asked again. Saki took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Why are you always so smart, Chi-chan?" Saki wanted to know with a smile. She didn't get an answer without someone bumping into her. Clearly on purpose.

"Get out of the way, freak brigade!" she heard someone yelling. Chie glanced back, a frown on her face.

"You better fuck off real quick, before I get to you, asshole!" she shouted after him, turning back around with a grim expression on her face, that quickly changed into a worried one, as she looked at Saki.

"Hey, you okay, babycakes?" she asked her. Saki laughed nervously and just nodded, wiping some imaginary dust off her shoulder. She hated people watching her like this, it made her nervous.

She much preferred it if they watched her from a distance, where she could pretend she had no idea that they were looking or why they were looking. But right now everyone was outright rude. Or obsessed with the fact that she was one of those people selling drugs. And she wasn't even involved in that operation yesterday, that was only Azami, Keiko and Yori, after all.

"I'm fine. This just really makes me nervous. I hope class is over soon, because I can't stand all this attention. I have to get used to it gradually. This isn't gradual." Saki said with a long sigh.

"Honestly, I'm blaming Azami for fucking up." Chie almost growled and rolled her eyes. Saki had realized that she had become way more protective over her and Saki was really glad that she had found a friend like this. She probably wouldn't have gotten through all this without her.