39 This Beat Is Killing Me

Hey little DJ let the music take me underground

Evacuate the dance-floor

Shouta Aizawa had a gut feeling that this wouldn't go down well. He had that feeling from the moment he had set foot inside this stupid club with Hizashi. Why people went here to enjoy themselves was beyond him, because to him there was nothing enjoyable about this place.

But that wasn't the point. The point was that they were here on a mission that involved a bunch of students - 16 year olds to be exact - and was potentially incredibly dangerous and Aizawa had a horrible gut feeling about the entire situation. And his intuition had never failed him so far.

"Hizashi, something is off." he muttered to his friend. Hizashi didn't seem to be concerned in the least and sometimes Shouta wondered how he could be that careless and unconcerned all the time.

"What do you mean? The kids are having an eye on them through the walls, aren't they?" Hizashi just replied.

"Sure, but... I don't like this. I don't like this at all. Remember when we saw that guy come in? He looked way too confident. Way too sure of himself. And those are 16 year old kids. Do you really think they can focus on one single room for an entire night? Using their Quirk, especially?" Shouta said, running his hand through his hair. He thought this was all a stupid idea.

He had said it from the beginning - letting the kids handle this would end terribly, they should only be working with them to give the police information and they really weren't supposed to get involved in all of this. But of course no one wanted to listen to him. A small part of him was almost looking forward to something going wrong, just so he could tell everyone he told them so.

But mostly he was worried about the kids. They had fucked up once before by getting themselves into this whole situation. And now they were supposed to be the ones getting themselves out of it? It seemed a little too much to expect from them. Shouta didn't doubt that they were all smart kids - after all they had managed to run a drug ring right under their noses - but running a drug ring and destroying one were two very different things and this was maybe a little too much.

"Alright, Azami is in... she's sitting down with them..." he heard the voice of the blonde girl through his earpiece.

"Alright. If there is anything suspicious going on tell us immediately." Shouta replied, his fingers tapping nervously against the glass he was holding in his hands. Hizashi raised his eyebrows at him.

"Don't you think you're exaggerating a little?"

"Hizashi, they are kids. And they could die if something goes wrong. I don't know how you can be so relaxed about it."

"It looks like they're searching her for weapons... fuck..." Keiko said next. Shouta's eyes narrowed. Why was she so concerned that they were searching her for weapons? Azami hadn't... she hadn't taken a weapon with her, right? Surely she wasn't that stupid... right? Shouta groaned.

"Keiko, please tell me that Azami has no weapons on her." he said. There was a long silence coming from the other end and Shouta already knew it wasn't a good silence. He sighed loudly.

"Keiko?" he asked again.

"Well, I mean... she was really worried, so she brought a knife. She had it strapped to her thigh and it looks like they just found it."

"What the... how could you be so fucking stupid? I thought you had done deals like that a million times before. Shouldn't you know better? First of all, why would you bring a knife to a gunfight and secondly, why would you bring a weapon at all? This was the most stupid shit I've heard in my entire life." he replied.