33 Let Me Take A Selfie

Do you think he was just doing that to make me jealous?

Because he was totally texting me all night last night

Azami already hated herself for doing this. But she knew that she would hate herself even more if she didn't do it. She had done the walk of shame with Mitsuo, she had gone to Aizawa and confessed all their sins, and they were supposed to have a proper meeting on what they could do about the whole situation the following Monday, which meant there was one weekend left to go out clubbing and have fun one last time, before things went to shit completely.

And the last few times she had gone out she had ended up in bed with a new guy every time and with a ton of regrets the next morning. So if she really wanted to have fun one last time, she knew what she had to do. And that was the reason why she was waiting outside the General Studies classroom.

The bell had just rung and students were leaving the classroom to get to their next classes or back to the dorms or wherever they had to be. Azami was waiting around anxiously. Of course, he would be taking his time leaving the classroom, he always did. She saw Chie walking out of the room.

She glanced at her with a raised eyebrow, before stopping and looking back into the classroom, probably checking if he had noticed, before looking back towards Azami and mustering her.

"Uhm... what... what are you... you know what? I don't care. Whatever you're doing, good luck." she said and left, without looking back at Azami. Azami wanted to say thanks, but she also didn't want to draw attention. After all, she knew that he wouldn't be overjoyed to see her here.

"Woah, what the... What are you doing here, Azami? Chie already left." a deep voice said behind her. She quickly turned around and looked directly into his tired, purple eyes. It hurt way more than she had anticipated.

"Hi, Hitoshi. I... I wasn't waiting for Chie." Azami replied, mustering him from his head to his toes, taking in every little detail, because she knew anytime she saw him might as well be the last time.

"Then why are you here? Please don't say you're here for me." he muttered and leaned against the doorframe. Azami gulped. Of course she was here for him and they both knew it full well.

"You know when you say it like that it just makes it so much more difficult to get this over with."

"Alright, alright. What is it? Did you hire a hitman or something to get me killed after I talked to Aizawa? Are you repenting your ways or some bullshit? Do you need me to brainwash people?"

"Hitoshi, please. We told Aizawa everything. You win. Can't we... can't we just get over this and stop being so hostile with each other? I've really missed you and I know we're not going to get back together or anything, but can we not just talk to each other like normal people?" Azami asked. Hitoshi gave her a stern look and then sighed, his expression softening quickly.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I've missed you, too, I really did. And I'm sorry for telling him everything like that, it really wasn't planned or anything, he just kind of knew and then there was no point denying it any longer."

"It's okay, Toshi, it's all good. We should have told someone much earlier anyway, I'm glad it happened the way it did."

"So you admitted everything to Aizawa? What's happening now? Is this why you wanted to talk to me?"

"Kind of. We did talk to him, he took it pretty well. I made Mitsuo apologize for lying to him and we pretty much told him the gist of what had happened. We're going to talk about what's happening next on Monday, but he seems to have a plan, so I hope we'll be getting a second chance and won't go to jail. Anyway, the reason why I wanted to talk to you was... kind of related to that..."