1 By No Means Average

Gettin paid is her forte
Each and every day true player way
I can't get her outta my mind

Keiko wasn't sure what to make of their homeroom teacher. It was Present Mic - the Present Mic. But honestly, he didn't seem like someone that could be taken seriously as a teacher. It just was like he was constantly high-strung and overly motivated and just... not really teacher material.

But Keiko really, really liked his radio show. She had been a die-hard fan of 'Put Your Hands Up Radio' since she could think. Her best friend Azami was different when it came to that. She was much more serious and much more somber. She was the kind of ice cold, hardass girl you'd expect in the Management Department.

Where Keiko liked romance novels, Azami was into crime. Keiko's red fancy dresses were countered by Azami's black, professional attire. Her blond hair against her friend's black hair. Bright red lipstick against dark red lipstick. But nevertheless, they had been best friends for ages and had been getting on really well.

And now they were going to U.A. together, in the same class. Class 1-K of the Management Department at the famous and renowned hero school, U.A. With Hizashi Yamada - Present Mic - as their homeroom teacher.

Keiko didn't really pay much attention to what he was telling them during their first homeroom lesson. She was too distracted by his hair which was gelled up extremely high. She was wondering whether it just stayed like that after a while or if he had to style it each morning.

If he had to do it every morning he had to have insane time management skills. Which would explain why he was teaching a management class. He didn't seem like the right person for the job at first glance, but from what Keiko had gathered he had at least three jobs, sometimes four - hero work, teaching, his radio show and apparently a side gig as a DJ at times.

And that meant he probably had to deal with an insane amount of accounting, taxes and government papers. Paperwork had always been an abhorrent thing to Keiko. She didn't understand it and she didn't understand the need for it. But alas, as the only child of her parents, she was fated to take over the company and that meant she needed the right qualifications.

The lesson flew by faster than she had expected and she was almost surprised when she saw Azami standing in front of her desk, her face looking like she was completely overwhelmed.

"Well, that was different." she said to her. Keiko smiled and packed up her things, getting up to get some food with her.

"Yeah. Do you think he does his hair every morning?" Keiko whispered to her friend. Azami gave her a weirded out look.

"How the hell am I supposed to know. That would be a lot of work, I kind of doubt it. But I also can't think of a way to make it stay like that. Unless he never sleeps." she replied and then shook her head quickly.

"This is super dumb. Come on, let's get food. Yori's already gone and you know how he never saves seats, even though we ask him to." Azami replied. Keiko rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Yeah, he can be a real pain with that. He's probably given all the seats away already." she answered. Yori had been their friend since middle school and as nice of a person as he was, he could be a real pain. He was always there for you, if you needed help or someone listening to you, but he could be really melancholic and moody. And he was just generally messy - if anyone was proof that 'messy' was a character trait, it was Yori. He took it to another level.

"Oh my God, there he is. And he has two people with him already. I have no idea how he manages to attract people like that. It's weird." Azami said and pointed at a table. And there he was, together with a girl with wavy pastel pink hair and a guy with horn-rimmed glasses and a neat haircut.