37 I Can Make Your Hands Clap

Been sinning in this city, I know

Too many troubles, all these lovers got you losing control

Mitsuo hadn't thought that he might enjoy this whole thing when they got started, but right now he was pretty happy. He had a bunch of data that he was putting together and it was quite enjoyable, sitting alone in a quiet room, making some phone calls, sending some messages and carefully gleaning information from anyone he could get his hands on. It was fun.

Mitsuo wasn't even sure whether they'd need all of that information, but he had fun gathering it up. He knew the police were making a few arrests already, but they were leaving most of the people he found out alone for now. So it wasn't really obvious to anyone that he was ratting them all out.

And something about that was just so funny to Mitsuo. He found it pretty amusing that they all kept spilling their secrets to him, even though people around them were getting arrested. But they never caught on and depending on how Mitsuo spun the story later on, they'd even trust him more and rat out other people, as long as they thought they were the snitches. Mitsuo wasn't sure if that could be called manipulating people, but if so, then he was really enjoying it.

He knew in the back of his head that it wasn't a thing to be proud of - being able to manipulate people well. But honestly, it wasn't something just anyone could do and anyone enjoyed doing. So why shouldn't he be proud of it? Skills were supposed to help him in life and this skill was helping him quite a lot right now. He didn't see why he should be ashamed of it.

However, one problem was that he got so engrossed in his little data collection that he nearly got a heart attack every time he heard a knock on his door. Usually, it was either Saki, Azami or Keiko that were coming in, sometimes Aizawa or the police. He still didn't like not knowing who it would be in advance.

And right now he was again at the verge of having a heart attack when he heard a loud knock on his door. Once he had calmed down, he had figured out pretty quickly that it was Keiko who was knocking at his door. Only Keiko knocked that harshly and loudly. Mitsuo rolled his eyes.

"It's open!" he yelled. It didn't take long for the door to open after that and Keiko stepped inside.

"Why the fuck do you insist on keeping this room so damn dark, Mitsuo?" she wanted to know.

"I can focus better when I don't have light in this room. It's not like you have to put up with it constantly. What do you want?" he asked her. He really had no patience for Keiko's bitchiness today.

"Chill, it's not like I want to be here." she replied and even though he could barely make out her features, he knew she was rolling her eyes. Keiko liked to be extra dramatic when she had to deal with him.

"Well, at least we can agree on that." Mitsuo replied with a smirk. Keiko looked as if she wanted to smash his face in. Not like she actually had the strength to do that, but it was an amusing mental image.

"Can you maybe not be a dick for a single day in your life?" Keiko asked with a loud sigh. Mitsuo chuckled.

"I'm doing my best, but you're making it really difficult for me Keiko-chan." he replied. There was a quite long silence, before Keiko spoke again, almost as if she had to keep herself calm.

"Whatever. I'm just going to get to the point." Keiko announced. Mitsuo scoffed. Why did she have to announce it? Why couldn't she just... you know... get to the actual point without saying it?

"As you should have done five minutes ago."

"I wasn't even here five minutes ago."

"Forgive me, as you should have done two minutes ago. Better?" Mitsuo asked with a smug grin.