2 Getting Everybody Fired Up

Few times I've been around that track

So it's not just gonna happen like that

'Cause I ain't no hollaback girl

Saki felt a little out of place in the public library. She hadn't realized that most students who went to the library to study didn't dress up formally. She liked to dress up, especially when it involved glittery things. But sweaters and sweatpants seemed to be the library style. She stood out like a sore thumb.

But she wasn't even here to study. All she was here for was for a deal. Simple and easy. She was supposed to meet up with two guys from General Studies, pretend to study for a bit, finish up the deal in the meantime, under the table, and then head out. Saki had never realized how much pressure the students in Gen Ed were under when it came to the final exams.

It didn't take long until she saw them coming in. She knew what they looked like and they were the only ones that came here in their U.A. uniform. Honestly, they were almost standing out as much as she was in her black wide leg pants and the shimmering silvery blouse she was wearing.

But barely anyone else was here with a high school uniform. There were a few with sweaters from their universities, but high school uniforms were rare and there were no other U.A. uniforms. Saki was watching the two of them as they scanned the room for her. She wondered why anyone would choose U.A. to do General Studies. Maybe it was to be part of all the hero buzz.

But there were loads of other good schools that offered General Studies and had a similarly good reputation, especially when it came to something that wasn't Heroics. And those schools were not as demanding as U.A. Not by a long shot. U.A. put an insane pressure on their students.

Except for the Management Department. For some reason, everyone always overlooked them. No one really cared what they did, because everyone already knew that they'd go and work in their parents company. And the few that didn't have that luxury were the ones that had to actually work hard.

Saki decided to relieve the two boys from looking for her. She made eye contact with them and waved them over. They grinned at each other and then made their way over to her. Saki sat up and put on a smile. She knew she probably looked like she was looking right through the two of them, but she couldn't help it. This was her face, this was the best she could do. They'd just have to live with it.

"Hey, you're Saki, right? The girl from the Management Department? Who's supposed to... help us with Math?" one of them asked. Saki's smile widened and she looked up at him, nodding.

"Yeah, that's me. Sit down and we can get started." Saki told them and nodded towards the two empty chairs next to her. The two of them sat down quickly and looked at each other, before one leaned over.

"So, you got the stuff?" he asked. Saki just smiled and got her backpack. She carefully placed her Math books on the table, together with a notebook and then put the bag back down below the table, lingering just a little, as she took out the paper bag in which the pills were wrapped.

"Yeah, I've got everything right here, so we can get started. Why don't you show me the problem you guys were having trouble with. It was something with finance, right?" she asked and looked at them expectantly. They looked at each other until they realized what she was talking about.

One of them got a notebook out of his backpack and handed it to her. She opened it and saw the money in-between the pages. With a smile she handed them the paper bag under the table and quickly put the notes into her own notebook, before starting to explain the problem to them, just so it wouldn't be too suspicious.