27 Let Me Tell You All A Story

Lorry was a witch

Yeah, a sneaky little bitch

"So why exactly are we here?" Azami wanted to know. Keiko sighed. She wasn't really sure herself why they were here. She had heard of this from a few people while she was selling and... well, she kind of needed a bit of a time out. Watching some dangerous and illegal car races seemed like a good idea at the time, but maybe it wasn't such a great plan after all. They'd see.

At least they'd only be watching and not taking part in anything. So they could always act dumb if they were busted. And to be honest, Mitsuo had done worse shit and he had gotten away with it, so Keiko wasn't even worried about Azami throwing a fit or something like that. At least not for now.

But honestly, this was probably going to be boring as hell anyway. Keiko had no fucking idea why she had agreed to this in the first place, it just made no sense at all. She didn't like cars, she didn't like races and she didn't like weird sporting events, either. So why were they here? Keiko had no fucking clue, but now they just had to go and make the best out of it anyway.

"No idea. Thought it might be fun. Seems like a good distraction after all the... all the stuff that happened." she said with a shrug. Azami looked at her with raised eyebrows, as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"I thought you weren't a fan of the whole distraction thing? You got really mad at Mitsuo about it." she replied with a chuckle. Keiko just shrugged and rolled her eyes. As if she wasn't mad at him.

"I always get mad at Mitsuo. He deserves it. Besides, no one would ever suspect us here. So relax."

"This seems really classy somehow..." Saki commented. Keiko hadn't even been sure whether she had tagged along or not, because she had been really quiet all the way here, but there she was in all her glory, dressed as if she was about to go to some fancy horse race.

"Really? Classy?" Azami wanted to know. Keiko chuckled as she looked over at the girls in shorts and bikini tops that were standing around some really trashy and expensive looking cars.

"I don't know, but you look the classiest out of everyone here, Saki." Keiko agreed. There were people selling some beers straight from the case and a group of women doing cocaine off one of the cars.

Somehow Keiko had to agree with Saki. This was trashy as hell, but somehow it was the classiest kind of trashy that Keiko could imagine. There was something that set this apart from getting high and drunk at the club and at raves and whatnot. Keiko had no idea what it was, though.

"Well, whatever. What exactly are we doing here, Keiko?" Azami wanted to know, as she looked around and then gazed back at Keiko with raised eyebrows. Saki was completely engulfed in the atmosphere around her. Keiko made a mental note to keep an eye on her, so she wouldn't wander off and they'd lose her in the crowd. It would be something happening to Saki.

"Well, we can stand there and watch or we can place some bets on this. We can probably make some nice contacts, too. Might help to get us out of the whole debt thing..." Keiko explained.

"Bets? Didn't know you were into the same shit as Mitsuo." Azami replied with a chuckle. Keiko frowned at her and shook her head quickly. Her being into the same shit as Mitsuo? Never.

His bets were stupid. And they were completely up to chance. Which really sucked, because there was no way to figure out what the odds for a certain situation were. These bets were more than just pure luck. Here it all came down to the skills of the drivers. Of course it also had to do with luck, but it wasn't just about that. Keiko thought this was much better than what Mitsuo did.