28 Live Fast Die Young

Live fast, die young

Bad girls do it well

Saki wasn't sure what people would be wearing to illegal car races. The only one she had been to before was the one last time and she had just been there as a visitor. This time she was technically still just a visitor, but Azami and Keiko would be taking part in the actual race and Saki was with them.

And she had no idea whether there was a separate dress code for that or what the story was. Well, it wasn't like Saki really had much of a choice other than her fancy clothes and her school uniform. The only choice she really had was between silver, white and pink and pants or a dress.

"You make it look like it's a big deal, Saki." Chie muttered without looking up. She was lying on Saki's bed and was just wearing something really casual. Saki wasn't sure if that would go down well, but it wasn't like Chie had a ton of other stuff with her. And if anything happened, there was a chance that she would be covered in blood anyway, so she was probably being sensible.

"It is a big deal! My friends are taking part in a race and it's exciting! And they might die, but we don't talk about that." Saki replied and held up a white suit. It looked really good, maybe she should go for that one...

"It's a race, Saki. There'll be dirt. Possibly blood. You don't wanna wear white for that." Chie said matter-of-factly. Saki looked at the suit again and sighed. It looked so good and she really wanted to wear it, but Chie was right. She'd only get it dirty and then she'd have to bring it to the laundry and they might ask questions and it would all just be more hassle than it was worth.

"Which one do you suggest then? Pink? Silver?" Saki wanted to know. Chie was more practical than her with things like that anyway, so she would definitely trust her judgment on this.

"Hmm... Any of the silver things is a hassle to wash with all the glitter, so maybe the pink one. That might be easiest to get cleaned, just in case." Chie replied. Saki nodded and held the dress up to her body.

"Okay, but does it look good on me?" she wanted to know. Chie looked up from her phone and looked her up and down for a long time, before a smirk spread across her face and she nodded.

"Anything looks good on you." she replied. Saki pouted and sat down next to her on the bed, holding the dress in her hands.

"You're just saying that." Saki muttered and leaned against Chie's shoulder. Chie glanced over at her.

"Of course I'm not just saying that. You literally look cute as hell in anything." she answered with a big smile on her face, before ruffling her hair gently, which caused Saki to yelp and jump up.

"Chie, I just did my hair! Don't do that!" she exclaimed and took a quick look in the mirror to make sure everything was still fine. Chie just chuckled and shook her head in disbelief, before looking at her phone again. Saki sighed and looked at the dress again. If she was going to wear that, she'd have to do her nails in a different colour... Maybe Chie could help her with that.

"Chie, you know how you're my best friend in the entire world?" Saki asked her. Chie raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want?"

"I'm going to need your help. I need a different colour nail polish if I'm going with this dress. But we don't have a lot of time..." Saki said. Chie sighed and just nodded, before putting her phone down.

"You want me to help you do your nails?" she asked.

"Yes, please."

"Alright, alright. I'll get the stuff, pick out the colour and then I can get started on your left hand while you do your make-up. Sound good?" Chie wanted to know. Saki smiled widely at her.