9 You Better Move

Let's make a night, you won't remember

I'll be the one, you won't forget

There were definitely times when Saki felt more anchored in reality than any old day. Maybe it was because those were the kind of days when reality seemed to shift a little. And that usually happened on the weekends. Especially the weekends when they managed to go out partying.

It hadn't taken much time before Saki and her friends had been invited to the VIP lounges in clubs, simply because everyone knew they were supplying the good stuff. And thus, a lot of Saki's money went into fancy dresses - glittery, metallic colours, trippy looking clothes, high heels in bright colours, fancy chokers. And it also went into expensive champagne that they all regularly had in the VIP lounges.

Reality was usually shifting even more when the DJ was good. And that was a tough cookie, because good DJs were hard to come by. Every one of them was really curious whether Present Mic was any good as a DJ, but of course they couldn't just go to any clubs he was playing at. He'd recognize them immediately and their entire operation would be endangered by that.

But either way, at the club reality shifted just enough for Saki to feel like she was actually a real person and like she was actually alive and not just some decorative accessory whose only purpose it was to be pretty. She didn't really know what else her purpose at the club was, but people seemed to find her funny. They seemed to like her and somehow she apparently had a certain vibe.

That's what they all said at least. Saki had no idea what her vibe was and what she did to have that vibe, but she figured it couldn't be anything bad if it made people want to be around her. At least she wasn't this invisible almost transcendental being anymore that she had always been at home.

"Anyone want more drinks?" Shinsou asked in the round. Saki nodded and handed him some money.

"Can I get another Gin and Tonic, please?" she asked. Shinsou nodded and took the bank notes out of her hand.

"I'm good." Yori replied.

"I'll have another whiskey, babe." Azami replied with a warm smile. Mitsuo just shook his head.

Mitsuo really was out of his element here. He looked like he'd rather find a quiet corner and go to sleep, but Azami wasn't having any of that. She had dragged him out here, because they were all in this together and nights like this were important for everyone and they had to show their faces.

"Anyone else? Where are Mina and Keiko?" Shinsou asked.

"I think they went to the bathroom together..." Saki replied. They had been gone for quite a while, to be honest. Saki wondered if they had gotten lost or if they had maybe met someone from UA.

Then again, no one was really allowed to leave campus unless they had explicit permission to do so, signed by one of their teachers (preferably the homeroom teacher). They were all just sneaking out. A lot of students were sneaking out, to be honest, but none of them would risk talking to other UA students they didn't know well enough. Chances were that they had a permit and were going to snitch.

Maybe it was someone from the hero course? Mina knew people from there. If anyone from the hero course was here, it was probably safe to assume that they weren't here on a permit. Hero course students were treated extra strictly when they wanted to leave campus. No one got permission to go out clubbing.

It was much easier for anyone else to get out on a permit, but Saki and her friends were still sneaking out regularly. It was simply much more fun to do it when it wasn't allowed. If they had a permission it would only be half as exciting. Plus, they already had Shinsou as their trump card for getting into the club (even though at this point they didn't really need him anymore, since people just knew them).