32 Leave That Old Record Spinning

Let's end your time to lay low

Your knees are bending and so

Mitsuo knew it was over when he saw Aizawa lurking around their dorm. He had seen him from his window and he knew that Aizawa had caught him staring and that pretty much meant that he was the first target. And no matter how prepared Mitsuo was, that was a pretty bad feeling.

He knew that it wouldn't be easy to fool Aizawa. It was easy to bullshit his way out of a conversation with Mic, but Aizawa was an entirely different calibre. He could smell bullshit from a mile away. Mic would easily be lulled in by some excuse. You could tell him you were acting weird, because your best friend just died and he'd just say something along the lines of 'Of course, little listener, I understand.'

Aizawa was merciless, compared to that. And while Mitsuo wasn't afraid of him, he did have a healthy amount of respect for him. He needed to be careful, so he wouldn't get caught up in some lies. He needed to pay attention with every little word that he said or he'd be done for.

With a deep breath, he walked out of the door. He could see Aizawa watching him out of the corner of his eye. He was just watching for a little while, before he was starting to approach him slowly, but surely.

"Mitsuo, can I have a word on the way?" he wanted to know. Mituso knew it. He fucking knew it.

"Sure, but I'm kind of cutting it close with breakfast, Sir." he replied. Aizawa just nodded quickly.

"Don't worry, you'll get your breakfast and I'll get my answers."

"Answers to what, Sir?" Mitsuo asked, wondering whether a smile would be helpful or not right now. It was probably better not to smile. He was never much for smiling anyway, so it would be weird.

"I know that you and your friends were selling drugs. Or still are. I want to know whether you have anything to do with Yori's death." Aizawa wanted to know. Mitsuo stopped abruptly in his tracks.

"Excuse me, Sir?"

"You heard me."

"Why would you think we're selling drugs? That's the wildest rumour I've heard so far." Mitsuo replied.

"I don't think you're selling, I know. I know exactly what you got up to over the last few months and if you think I'll tell you how I know then you're very wrong. So you either answer me right now or I suppose you and your friends are going to jail." he replied, sounding indifferent.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but I don't think so. No one is going to any jail, because we didn't do anything."

"If you say so. You know it will be much easier for you later if you cooperate now. We're trying to help you out here." Aizawa said to him. Mitsuo turned around to him, faking a big smile.

"That won't be necessary, Mr. Aizawa. We don't need any help with anything. We're fine and we're not involved in any of the things you just mentioned. Whoever or whatever you're looking for - we're the wrong people to ask." he replied. Aizawa just nodded and smirked knowingly.

"Alright. I'll see what your friends have to say to that, then. I'm sure at least one of them will tell me everything." Aizawa answered. Mitsuo just sighed and shook his head dramatically, before turning around to him.

"But I already told you everything. There is nothing else to it. It's some dumb rumour some kids made up, because they're jealous that we're from wealthier families. Something like that. I don't know. But there is nothing going on." Mitsuo reassured him. He felt like he was going to faint any second.