Chapter 24

Crimson woke up the next morning exhausted. She heard silent sobs beside her, but she had not yet opened her eyes to see who it was. When she tried it was almost like her eye lids were glued shut.

Then there was a knock on the door. "Star... do you want anything to eat?" came the voice of CC. "Jake's going to the Hardee's near by."

Her mother sniffed once," No, I'm okay. Thanks CC."

There was a pause, then quiet footsteps walking down the hall.

Crimson was finally able to open her eye. She squinted at the sudden light pouring down into her exhausted eyes.

She turned her head to the side that the sniffing proceeded to go on. There her mother sat in a reclining green leather chair with a trash can and box of tissues by her side.

"Mom?"

Star's eye immediately looked up to the sound of her daughter's voice. "Crimson,' she said her eyes flooding with tears again." Oh my God, my baby,' she said throwing the tissues in the floor running over to Crimson's side, and hugging her head kissing her cheek and forehead a dozen times.

"Mom, where are we?" Crimson asked looking around the room when her mother let go of her head to kiss her forehead one more time.

Star sniffed again and whipped the tears from her eyes and cheeks. "Oh baby, I am so sorry," she said tears streaming down her cheeks again.

"Momma what's going on?" Crimson said starting to get scared.

Star started sobbing into her hands. She could not tell her daughter what she could not believe was happening herself. Jinxx laid a hand on her shoulder. Neither of them heard him come in.

Star looked up at him. "I need to do it," she told him.

"What's going on?!" Crimson half way shouted. She was starting to get aggarvated.

Jinxx nodded, and walked out.

Star took a deep breath. "Crimson...." she stopped to sob once more. Then looked up again, " Crimson, baby, you have cancer."

In that moment, Crimson's world shattered right in front of her.