Chapter 44

Things were completely different without Star. Crimson now talked some, but no where near as much as she did brother Star's death. She was depressed, and no matter how hard she tried to hide it Jayy could see the hurt and pain in her eyes, but he knew he could not help her in most ways. He knew all he could do was be there, and let her face her demons and find herself again. Jayy knew she could. Crimson was the strongest person he knew.

One day Crimson and Jinxx went early to the hospital for her chemo treatments, so she would be able to make it to school that morning. Crimson had missed a lot of school, and if she did not start going again then she would be taken away from Jinxx, and neither of them wanted that to happen.

Crimson went to school with Jayy, and she felt so bad that she forgot to put her wig on to cover the boldness of her head. Jayy did not notice either because he had gotten so used to her not having hair.

Crimson noticed she did not have her wig when she walked into the school, and everyone started laughing and staring at her bare head. Crimson's cheeks instantly turned deep red.  

"Crimson?" Jayy asked softly when he saw the expression on her face. Her eyes were now full of tears, and she started to try and hide her face. 

"Take me home, Jayy. Take home," she cried. 

Jayy wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and quickly walked her out. They got to the car, he helped her in, and they left headed back for home. 

Jinxx was confused as to why Crimson and Jayy were back home. Then when they got out of the car, and he saw Crimson's face was wet from tears, he knew something was wrong. "Crimson, what happened?!" he asked wrapping his arms around her.

She sobbed in his shirt, and he looked at Jayy forming the words with his mouth," What happened?" 

Jayy nodded toward the front door, and they both started walking toward in Crimson still glued to Jinxx's chest. 

Jinxx walked Crimson to her room, made sure she was okay, then went and talked to his son.

"Now what the hell happened?" Jinxx said quietly thinking Crimson could not hear him.

"She forgot her wig..." Jayy said saddenedly.

Jinxx sighed. He could only imagine the amount of embarrassment it could be for a girl to go around with no hair. 

"You go back to school, Jayy. I'll watch her. I don't go into work today until 1," Jinxx said.

"I can stay," Jayy said.

Jinxx shook his head," You don't need to miss anymore school. You're going." 

Jayy sighed and nodded.

"Now get going son. I love you," Jinxx said hugging him.

"Love you too, Dad," Jayy said.

Tears filled Crimson's eyes again after JInxx walked in to check on her thinking she was asleep.