Chapter 33

Crimson left the house to meet up with Jaxson for their picnic right after Star got home. Jinxx and Jayy were fixing to leave as well, but Crimson left before saying goodbye. Jinxx chuckled about it, but Jayy was heartbroken about it.

She walked to the park, and sat on a bench in the shade of a old oak tree waiting for Jaxson to get there. It was a very nice day, but the park was not occupied by many people. She figured they were all at the county fair that was going to be leaving tomorrow. She and Jayy usually went together every year. This was the first year out of the whole time they knew each other that they missed it. "Jayy, didn't even remember I'm sure," she thought to herself brushing the thought out of her head, when, in fact, he did remember.

"Hey, beautiful," says Jaxson as he walked up to her.

Crimson's face lit up when she caught sight of him. "Hey!" she said standing up to hug him. He hugged her, and smiled. "Where you wanna go?" he asked.

"Umm... there's a really pretty place up by the pond?" Crimson suggested.

"Sounds perfect," Jaxson said, " I'll go get the food and everything out of my car, and we can go."

They went to get the classic red and white plaid picnic blanket Jaxson brought and the food basket he had packed in the back seat. Crimson was curious about what he had brought to eat, but when she tried to peak into the basket Jaxson quickly shut it back laughing," Nosy are we?"

"Just a bit," Crimson laughed.

"Well you're gonna have to wait until we get there Missy," he said poking her nose playfully.

Crimson blushed and giggled.

They walked the short way to the pond full of lily pads and surrounded by dragonflies and cherry blossom trees. Crimson loved going there.

"Wow," Jaxson said in awe. The pond is not visible from the road, so he had never seen it.

"I know," Crimson smiled.

"It's beautiful here."

She nodded," Yeah Jayy and I used to come here a lot and write music."

"Who's Jayy?"

"My mom's friend's son," Crimson replied hearing the slight sound of jealously in Jaxson's voice.

"Oh ok..."

"Mhm.... so could you give me a hand?" Crimson smiled as she opened up the folded blanket to change the conversation.

"Of course," he replied with a smile.

They laid the blanket out then sat for a minute just enjoying the view. "It truly is beautiful... just like you," Jaxson said smiling from ear to ear at Crimson.

All she could do was blush and smile back.

After that he pulled the basket between them, opened the lid, and pulled out a beautiful deep red rose then handed it to Crimson. "For you," he said smiling.

"Thank you!" Crimson laughed her cheeks turning redder than the rose.

She thought this was going to me the best day of her life.