Chapter 26

The next morning the x-rays came in before Crimson woke up from the surgery.

Star came back to the waiting room after they had shown her the x-rays. She was balling her eyes out, and ran to Jinxx who embraced her tightly. After a while of silence, they all expected the horrific news, but instead when Star was able to control herself again she was smiling and laughing as she told them that Crimson was going to be okay.

Everyone took a sigh of utter relief. Their girl was going to survive this.

The doctors said after the surgery there was no sign of the cancer left. She had to take 4 weeks of chemotherapy, but aside from that they said she should had a complete recovery.

They all were practically jumping with joy in the waiting room as they waited for their dear Crimson to wake up.

Star was given to permission to stay in Crimson's room so she could be there when she awoke. She sat by her daughters side holding her hand in both of hers.

"Oh , baby, I love you so much," Star whispered looking passionately into Crimson's peaceful face. "Andy.... stay with our girl. I can't do this on my own."

Star started crying into the bed sheets beside where her daughter lay. Then she felt someone beside her, leaning over Crimson. Star quickly looked up, and there Standing over the bed kissing their daughter's forehead was Andy. He looked at Star smiled and then he was gone again.

"Momma?"

Star looked down at Crimson not able to say a word.

"Mom, are you okay?" Crimson asked.

Star looking at the wall above her head smiling the biggest smile Crimson had ever seen on her mother.

"Mom?!" Crimson asked louder.

Star looked back down at her daughter. "I'm okay baby. Your be okay," Star said hugging Crimson tight with tears rolling down her cheeks again.