Chapter 30

Jayy drove Crimson and himself to school like usual. Jani did the whole freak out of Crimson being back again, and school started.

After lunch and 3rd period started, Crimson was sitting in her seat with her head laying over her arms on the desk. She wasn't feeling to well, but she didn't say anything. She figured it was just symptoms of the chemo.

Crimson felt a light tap on her shoulder, and she looked up. It was the new kid, Jazson Winters.

He smiled when she looked up at him. "Hi," he said.

Crimson smiled sleepily back in reply.

"Um..." she could tell he was nervous,"what's your name? I'm Jazson," he asked.

Crimson giggled at the nervousness in his voice. "I'm Crimson," she replied shyly.

"Crimson..." he whispered to himself. "That's a... a very unique name."

Crimson pressed her lips tightly together. She felt like he was insulting her.

"No, no I didn't mean it that way," Jazson said loudly when he saw the expression on her face.

"Mr. Winters. Do we have a problem?" Mrs. England asked with her beady black eyes staring at him with her hands on her hips.

"No ma'am," Jazson replied caught off guard.

"Then turn around, stop talking, and pay attention," she said then turned back to the black board to finish writing the algebraic equation she had begun.

Crimson kept her head down even though all the other students had already turned back to face Mrs. England. After around five minutes she felt and small thump on the top of her head. Sitting up, and small folded piece of paper fell in front of her on her desk.

Crimson, as quietly as possible, opened the note. It read:

"It's a beautiful name, ya know?"