Chapter 27

Crimson was able to leave the hospital the next day. She was feeling fine, besides her head being shaved from the surgery. Crimson begged her mom to get her a wig, and Star, of course, laughed in agreement. Crimson knew that her hair would have fallen out anyway due to the chemo, but she still was not ready to be bald yet.

Jinxx and Jay, by Crimson's request, were staying at their home for a while. Star was happy that Crimson suggested this, because she did not want her to be alone. She still had to work to pay off the bills that were still past due.

Star let Crimson stay home for the rest of the week. Jinxx even called the school to ask the teachers if they could excuse the tests she needed to take.

Jani, of course, was texting Star all throughout the day along with Jayy. Crimson smiled at their texts. She truly felt loved.

When Star was not home Crimson and Jinxx would hang out in the living room together eating Doritos and drinking Coka Cola while they watched 'The Lord of the Rings' over and over again.

On Friday, they finished 'The Return of the King' for the third time, then Jinxx turned off the TV. Crimson looked at him confused.

"Crim, we need to talk," he said.

She crossed her legs and turned her body to face his. She was all ears for what he had to say.

"Crim..." Jinxx sighed. "Your mother... she's not in good shape... She hasn't been since your father died, and she doesn't want anyone to know it. But I have known her for many years, and I can see it whether she's told me about it or not. I know you've been through a lot in life, and I know that you've been thinking a lot about what just happened this week. And there's no way that you have not wondered about your father and his death. But you're mom loves you more then anything in life. You really are the only thing that keeps her feet on the ground, but this miracle on how you so quickly recovered from that aggressive tumor seems to me to good to be true...."

"Jinxx..."

He held his hand up to silence her. "I believe you are mature enough to hear this... You know that many times when a person gets cancer, even though it's not there for a minute does not mean it's not going to be there another. But your mom doesn't want to even think about it because she wants you to live so badly. She would never be able to cope. But with your help... just in case for the worst, we need to get her ready."

There was a short silence.

"Jinxx... Do you believe I'm going to die?" Crimson asked looking down at her hands.

"I don't know baby... But I sure the hell hope not," he replied giving her a tight hug.